• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Joe's 1982 Scrambler Restoration Thread (Retitled From: Bringing The Scrambler Home)

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
I agree it will look great either way, but I'm a hardtop fan and a think the white top and white wheels will be really nice once the body is a uniform color.

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
I take the cover off in the summer and it runs slightly warm at 65mph. In the winter with the cover on, it never gets above normal temp. Good observation mysunshine!

Will_Texas

Legacy Registered User
City
Longview
State
TX
Hard to properly judge which looks better without a nice, uniform shiney new paint job :crazy:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Nice find on the top! You know I'm a sucker for Slate Blue, but do think the white top adds a nice contrast to all the Slate Blue and goes well with the white wheels and bumper. I assume you will be repainting it the original Slate Blue Metallic? I would hold off judgment until it is painted to get a better feel for it.

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Has it really been two years since I updated this thread? Holy smoke how time flies. Now that I am finally done with school and am moved to Laurinburg NC, I am ready to begin working on the Scrambler again. In the next few months, I will be rebuilding the factory 258 and while I am rebuilding the engine, I think I will go ahead and have the paint and body work done. Standby for more updates!

Joe