• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Joe's 1982 Scrambler Restoration Thread (Retitled From: Bringing The Scrambler Home)

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
The window frames are black and the doors have fixed mirrors attached... I think you are right, the donor jeep is a limited. I thought AC, tach, and clock were all standard on the limited but it appears not. Thanks for looking this up!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Looks fantastic:cheers:

Those "western weave" seats look really comfortable, especially when it is hot outside:thumbsup:

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Hi Gang,

Well... my carpet finally came in so I'm starting the install. Yesterday I disassembled the interior and thus far I have the carpet partially installed. I wanted to upload some preliminary shots and I'll upload the remainder when I finish today. Here are a few shots:

attachmentphpattachmentid44913d133804948-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44914d133804948-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44917d133804949-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44915d133804948-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44916d133804948-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44919d133804949-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44920d133804949-1.jpg

attachmentphpattachmentid44918d133804949-1.jpg

Thus far, the only thing that I can see that I will need to do is buy some trim material from the carpet manufacturer so that I can have it sewed on to the rear edge of the carpet that abuts the bulkhead.

Joe

Last edited:

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Can someone tell me if you can see the pics now? I logged out of my forum and I see the pics just fine.

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
The best part about the carpet is that I won't have 200+ degree heat radiating off the floor when I drive in the summer. The heat is so bad that I have to move my feet away from the transmission tunnel because they feel like they are cooking. I'm jazzed about this upgrade :)

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Great looking carpet, is this an aftermarket kit or a NOS? If after market, where did you purchase?

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Looks great. :thumbsup: I take it it won't sit out in the rain.
Just walked past my grandsons Jeep and it has about 2.5 inches of water standing in the floors above the carpet from this mornings storms. Good news is it holds water, bad news is he'll have to dry it out.

:wave:

Joe West

Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
It is aftermarket carpet. I will post a link to the place I purchased it. Standby.

Great looking carpet, is this an aftermarket kit or a NOS? If after market, where did you purchase?