Scrambler Rookie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Kingman
State
Ks
Did you use them in the snow on your way back? Wondered if they get warm enough to melt, snow/ice off?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Having now driven from MI to Vegas to Seattle and back to MI with many, many nighttime road hours, I don’t think I can fully explain how incredibly well these lights perform.

I had to aim them down a bit pulling the trailer to keep oncoming traffic happy with me, but the light from these is amazing for highway and back road driving.

I put on a Rugged Ridge 20” light bar on the bumper for the show and while it added some light, the light/hi headlights were truly all I ever needed down the road. I can’t wait to get my old bumper back on and play with setting up the lights I’ll have installed long-term along with the JW Speakers. It’s going to be awesome.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Did you use them in the snow on your way back? Wondered if they get warm enough to melt, snow/ice off?
They did want to ice up a bit, if you regularly drove in snow/ice, you’d probably want to find a heated option or wait for the new JW Speaker heated lights they have coming next year.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Awesome my friend. going to install the other LED in Red this afternoon. installed one at the dunes to replace another broken passenger side. Unbelievable difference.:wave:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yep. I'm all about function over form and the function on these should make up for anyone's impression on the appearance. The more I see them, the more I like the look of them anyway, so I couldn't be happier :woot:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
After 5637 miles to/from SEMA over just a handful of days (never figured that out... 3 there, 6 back, that's 626 miles a day average :eek: ) I put in a LOT of night miles and I could not possibly be any happier with these lights.

Say what you will about the look in a CJ, they JUST FREAKING WORK. My uncle was blown away when I first turned them on after picking him up in Seattle and heading east, it was quite funny. Having this kind of light at night makes driving much more comfortable.

Anyway, I came back to share the blog post that JW Speaker put up today. I thought it was funny how they focused so hard on the headlights in the photos, I would have included at least an inset of the overall vehicle. It's also funny how you scroll down through there and all of a sudden there's a dinged-up, rusty CJ grille :rotfl:
https://www.jwspeaker.com/blog/featured-vehicles-sema-show-2018/

The writing could be a lot better and they didn't get my quote right, but I'll take it :shrug: