• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Local Cars and Coffee and 5 CJ8s!

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
So it could be my imagination, or maybe just wishful thinking, but for a while now it has seemed to me like we had a pretty good amount of 8s here in our little corner of NC. My fellow jeep addicts and I would snap pics and text each other about these different Scramblers in town but we seemed to have a hard time actually meeting/talking/finding who owned or drove them. Usually pass on the road or see one in a parking lot somewhere. For about the past year or so a couple of us have been trying to get to the same place at the same time. We have a local Cars and Coffee meet here ( 1st Saturday of every month). Finally were able to get 5 of us together at once. That is a record for us. Thought you might like to see a pic or two.20181201_5CJ8s2.jpg20181201_5CJ8s1.jpg

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Nice little jeep club! Thanks for sharing.

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
I am in Wilmington. There are probably 10+ Scramblers I have seen around here but we don't really know each other (yet). Of course a couple of us do, but we haven't managed to really get together as a group at all. Trying to change that. I may have posted a pic of this one before but this is another local one. He couldn't make it the other day.

20181103_Gilgo8.jpg

joshvt

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
charlotte
State
nc
My folks live in Wilmington. Love it down there. I recently bought a back seat off a guy named chuck who has a blue scrambler. Might be that one next to the red one? I didn’t meet him- my dad picked the seat up for me- seemed like a real nice guy and had another scrambler he was doing a frame off restoration on.

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Yep, that one is his. It is REALLY nice too. If you are ever down here and want to get together and grab some food and/or a beverage or two let me know. It is always good to meet more jeep people.

joshvt

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
charlotte
State
nc
I am there a lot more in the warmer (fishing/ boating) months. Will let you know sometime when I am there. Hoping to make the trip in the scrambler at some point.