• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Looking for some rock sliders

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Will be picking up another Scrambler to play with. waiting to be shipped form Nevada to PA. Has diamond plate on the rocker panels that has some damage from off road. Will be taking the diamond plate off. I’m gonna take this Jeep off-road.saw some poison spider rails through Morris. Delayed shipping. Ebay has Rockhard. Ships December
Anyone have any info on a supplier? Like to order now so when Jeep gets here can get to work

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
I’m looking at Rock Road sliders, they are good looking frame mounted sliders, not sure what their delivery time frame is though.

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
I’m looking at Rock Road sliders, they are good looking frame mounted sliders, not sure what their delivery time frame is though.
That’s what I would get so you don’t drill holes in the tub. Since this Jeep already has some rocker damage looking to cover that up. Taking off-road so not worried about the body as much

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
And I can't find it right now but isn't somebody making rocker guards with the CJ8 logo cut out of the sides? I know I've seen them on here before.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
And I can't find it right now but isn't somebody making rocker guards with the CJ8 logo cut out of the sides? I know I've seen them on here before.
Yes that is what I was thinking also. Like in the last year or so.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I got a set from the person who was making them on here but I can't recall his ID. I am not sure on this but I think it was "chiefwahoo" that made them.

Test fit as the came.
DSC03570.jpgresized.jpg

Added step/rub bar
DSC03572.jpgresized.jpg

Bed liner coated and installed. Painted a white square behind the CJ8 to make it stand out.
DSC03577 resized.jpg

The under side
DSC03580.jpgresized.jpg

Last edited:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I got a set from the person who was making them on here but I can't recall his ID. I am not sure on this but I think it was "chiefwahoo" that made them.

Test fit as the came.
View attachment 98013

Added step/rub bar
View attachment 98014

Bed liner coated and installed. Painted a white square behind the CJ8 to make it stand out.
View attachment 98015

The under side
View attachment 98016
I believe it's www.4x4land.com

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Shockworks looks nice. Side tube, powder coat, $169 shipping, $669.
Will give them a call and see how far out they are

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
You getting this one?
Screenshot_20211024-185003_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
4 x 4 Land in Topeka, Kansas. The owner is a member on here and comes to every National SOA event.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Dam. I can’t hde anything from you
Couldn’t pass on the 401 and NV 4500 setup. Guy has owned it for 25 years. Garage kept and no rust bot he loved to trail ride. Have a few dings and dents
I saw that when first posted and wished I had the funds to buy that one and sell my 401 CJ8.

brp0830

SOA Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
8-)

Attachments

• 209428573_10102608767561132_5597892622410893777_n (1).jpg
    209428573_10102608767561132_5597892622410893777_n (1).jpg
    351 KB · Views: 19

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Seen the frame-mounted rail bolt holes through the frame cause a crack that allowed a rear spring hanger to punch right up inside the frame rail on an otherwise solid-looking frame. The crack connected the dots between two of the mounting holes and the front edge of the spring hanger.

I wouldn't ever do frame-mounted rails, personally. You're basically making a long lever-arm back to the frame on a rail that's designed to support a significant amount of the Jeep's weight. The engineer in me cringes at the idea of that kind of setup.