• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Looking for suggestions on LED lights

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
I want to add some interior lights to the roll cage I've been building and was wondering if any of y'all have any suggestions?

Some things I'd like to see:

• LED
  • Waterproof
  • White light (not blue)
  • 12V obviously
  • Small
  • Not stick on but maybe a screw on application

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
I'd suggest heading over to the expo portal and search interior led lights. lots of stuff there.

cjpartsguy

scrambler buyer
City
columbia
State
sc
these work great. I have been using them in my duck boats for years. I have them as interior lights in my 84 cj7 and I have a red one as a third brake light on the same. Meet all your criteria other than stick-on. They stick very well though. Installed over 30 of them over the years. Never seen one fail yet even with saltwater exposure. I'm not affiliated but I will buy more.

http://www.tollerboatworks.com/LED Strip Lights.html

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Jake, post up what you did at the national with a link to that joint (that I'm incapable of finding now that I forgot the URL you told me: banghead:)

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
This is what they look like but, REAL IMPORTANT: I think he's out of the 5K which is what I used. The 6K are blue in color. I wanted white light - not blue.
If you want some, call they guy - 1-360-543-5700
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
I think he's out of what I've got and probably needs to re-order.
I'll try to take an after dark shot of what they look like in the Jeep so y'all can see.
So far, I'm extremely impressed!
Only think I should mention is that the wires going in to the unit are pretty delicate and I'd make sure you have the wire secured very close to the units so they don't pull out.
I screwed one up in the install. Otherwise - great lights for what I needed.

EDIT: I e-mailed the company and replacements are in the mail - no charge. I'm to return damaged one(s) in same package - shipping is on them. Good customer support.

I also ordered some of these but have yet to wire them in and install them.

Last edited:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
This site gets a lot of usually positive talk/reviews.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Search "Dome Light" and see what tickles your fancy... :)
I'm leaning towards going LED inside a lot of my stuff too. The XJs are bad but finding anything in the back of the Scrambler is impossible!

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
these work great. I have been using them in my duck boats for years. I have them as interior lights in my 84 cj7 and I have a red one as a third brake light on the same. Meet all your criteria other than stick-on. They stick very well though. Installed over 30 of them over the years. Never seen one fail yet even with saltwater exposure. I'm not affiliated but I will buy more.

http://www.tollerboatworks.com/LED Strip Lights.html

I just ordered 5 of these LED strips from Toller's but have not yet had a chance to install them in my Jeep. I am going to use two strips under the dash and one each on the front and rear roll cage crossovers as dome lights (the 5th one is going in my Rhino). I'll post up pics once I get them in.

cjpartsguy

scrambler buyer
City
columbia
State
sc
I just ordered 5 of these LED strips from Toller's but have not yet had a chance to install them in my Jeep. I am going to use two strips under the dash and one each on the front and rear roll cage crossovers as dome lights (the 5th one is going in my Rhino). I'll post up pics once I get them in.

I think you will be pleased. Post up and let us know. I've installed a few since the post. I'm a former car stereo installer and do all my buddies jeeps, trucks, tractors and boats.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Here are two shots of what it looks like illuminating total darkness.
I'm very pleased.
Only have three of these in it right now. (Note: link is for 6 k(elvin) and I have 5 k(elvin) which v-leds.com will have some more of in stock next week sometime according to e-mail correspondence)

Lights1.jpgLights2.jpg

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
I'm very pleased.
Only have three of these in it right now. (Note: link is for 6 k(elvin) and I have 5 k(elvin) which v-leds.com will have some more of in stock next week sometime according to e-mail correspondence)

Um... I spy an ammo can center console... details? :)
Nice work on the lights BTW!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I'm very pleased.

View attachment 26951View attachment 26952

Looks good and bright. Don't blind the little one at night!

I have been thinking of how to add some sight for mine. This is a great thread. Thanks.

timothy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
baltimore
State
oh
I've seen Jakes set up in person & they light the interior well. When the wife & I got back 2 the hotel and was tryin 2 find stuff in the center console in the dark, we tried 2 figure out where 2 put some of those & other variations.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Tim, what was the brand name for those solder butt-splice connectors you were telling me about and who sells them? Link maybe? Thanks.