• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Lost our Jeep Pup

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
We lost our Jeep pup of 14 years on Sunday. Many of you met CJ at the Deadwood, SD Scramble a few years ago. She wasn't up to the trip the last couple of years, but loved chasing the ball and going on adventures by foot or in the Jeep until the end. She'll be sorely missed.

HPIM0806.JPGHPIM1173NoRedEye.jpg
20170116_141514.jpgIMG_0010.JPG
20170702_101416.jpgDSCF9307.jpg
IMG_0032.jpg

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
Sorry for your loss. Its tough! I had a miniature (15-20 lbs) schnauzer (salt N pepper) that went/followed me everywhere in my jeep when I was a kid/ young adult. I would let him down on the trails to walk, I let him down in the river to walk and swim and he would follow me and my 80 cj7. The river was the best. He would lead or follow going up or down stream swimming across deep water holes and making his way around water falls waiting or watching me and my cj7. He was super smart; he would sit on the rivers edge near the deep holes to watch the jeep go through it but also warning me that I might get stuck. River running is great and the river was always changing because of silt removal/deposits and erosion. Him sitting on the edge would make me think twice about what had changed. Of coarse this was a pre- cellphone cameras so no picture or videos. Wish I had some. But this dog went everywhere with me: fishing, atv'ing, hunting, horse back riding. had him for 12 years.. Sucks! again sorry for your loss.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Sorry for your loss. Its tough! I had a miniature (15-20 lbs) schnauzer (salt N pepper) that went/followed me everywhere in my jeep when I was a kid/ young adult. I would let him down on the trails to walk, I let him down in the river to walk and swim and he would follow me and my 80 cj7. The river was the best. He would lead or follow going up or down stream swimming across deep water holes and making his way around water falls waiting or watching me and my cj7. He was super smart; he would sit on the rivers edge near the deep holes to watch the jeep go through it but also warning me that I might get stuck. River running is great and the river was always changing because of silt removal/deposits and erosion. Him sitting on the edge would make me think twice about what had changed. Of coarse this was a pre- cellphone cameras so no picture or videos. Wish I had some. But this dog went everywhere with me: fishing, atv'ing, hunting, horse back riding. had him for 12 years.. Sucks! again sorry for your loss.
Thank you for sharing. It's amazing the bonds we make with the little mongrels.

Shark Bait

CJ-8 Member
City
Charleston
State
WV
I lost my best friend, a black lab mix, after 17 years. It was hard to adjust. We swore we wouldn't have another. 2 weeks to the day of his departure a white coydog (part coyote part dog) started showing up at our place when the pack would come through and leave. I guess they did not welcome her any longer. It took a while leaving food for her but the kids finally won her trust. She's been our pup for over two years now. She is full of energy and there is never a day passes that she doesn't make us laugh. She still "howls and yelps"with the coyotes but will not let them near our house. She is a very quiet and timid creature. Folks that come to visit will hardly see her. She prefers "fresh" food over dog food and will carry a dead opossum or raccoon around for companionship for weeks. Lol, she is definitely a positive impact in our life. She is not a replacement but she does help fill a void left in our life. I guess I'm rambling on thinking of my old pal, I just let you know sometimes it gets easier for reasons unexplained.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
It is never easy to lose a pet, especially one that is a constant companion.

You have my sincere condolences.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Sorry to hear about the pup. Lost ours 2 springs ago. Because were so busy it's not right for us to get another (were always at work). The subject comes up quite often. She's gone, but always with us. When you feel up to it start the search. Like a jeep, never the same buy a good adventure.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. My pup had custom summer and winter houses in the back of the Scrambler and went on all expeditions with me...despite the fact that he was totally blind for the last 10 years of his life. There is patina on the roll bar from where he used to hang his head out of the bed for many years. He's buried about 30 feet from my bedroom window.

Sign on his winter condo says "Beware of Blind Dog".

Winter House.jpg scramble1.jpg The Companion.jpg

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there! Understand your sorrow, we've been through it twice and will be again some day.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Thank you for everyone's kind words. CJ is gone, but certainly not forgotten.

We decided about a month ago, that we were ready to bring another Jeep pup into our family. Meet Rubi(con), she's a rescue mutt from one of the local rescue groups.

Today, Rubi got her first Scrambler ride.
Resized_20190922_190320.jpeg