Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I vote tailgate 1.

And I like fender 2, but either center it under the Cherokee word horizontally or line the right edge of the decal with the right edge of the last e (pass side) & lefts on driver side. And of course, lined up vertically with the side marker.
keep in mind that the “Cherokee” is flipped on the other side, so trying to align it with one is likely going to be off on the other. I won’t be able to stand knowing they’re different, so have to pick something that works on both when identically spaced from the signal.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
I really like fender 3, but understand your reluctance to put it on the OEM decal. The lines work perfectly there though, and it doesn't detract from the rest of the OEM FSJ fender aesthetic. Short of that, fender 2 is your obvious choice for the reason posted: that's the approximate relative location used on the Javelin. This is also the reason why I put my 401 emblems on the hood; there's no other appropriately vertical surface on the CJ in that general location. And as for the tailgate, I vote for option 4. Or consider dropping it down, centered below the QuadraTrac, but at the very bottom of the tailgate; maybe aligned with the license plate for up/down. The ZJ has the V8 and 5.9L emblems in this location (and remember, the ZJ was still originally designed by AMC).

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
keep in mind that the “Cherokee” is flipped on the other side, so trying to align it with one is likely going to be off on the other. I won’t be able to stand knowing they’re different, so have to pick something that works on both when identically spaced from the signal.
Ya, they are a little different. Dilemma, hmmm. Maybe split the difference.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I really like fender 3, but understand your reluctance to put it on the OEM decal. The lines work perfectly there though, and it doesn't detract from the rest of the OEM FSJ fender aesthetic. Short of that, fender 2 is your obvious choice for the reason posted: that's the approximate relative location used on the Javelin. This is also the reason why I put my 401 emblems on the hood; there's no other appropriately vertical surface on the CJ in that general location. And as for the tailgate, I vote for option 4. Or consider dropping it down, centered below the QuadraTrac, but at the very bottom of the tailgate; maybe aligned with the license plate for up/down. The ZJ has the V8 and 5.9L emblems in this location (and remember, the ZJ was still originally designed by AMC).
I really do like it in the stripe best but I just can’t put it there :shrug:

I tried that spot on the tailgate but it would need the larger decal and I just thought it was TOO much

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I like behind the turn signal on the fender, but I’m not sure on the tailgate. Have you tried the bottom corner?

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Man, I like fender 3 option. It looks like it belongs in the original decal!! But since that's likely a wasted vote, Fender 1. And tailgate 2 is my favourite of the tailgate options.