Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Thanks guys! I love the color. It’s a lot “deeper” than I expected, which is great! Should be stock Oriental Red, maybe it’s the lighting.

Yeah, I noticed the front clip is nowhere to be seen. I think that has something to do with painting everything in the order it sits on the Jeep, so there aren’t any color differences panel to panel.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I forgot to ask, will you put the factory decal set back on it?
At this point I don’t know. That was the original plan- the 81 orange/red one.
1981-jeep-scrambler.jpg

But after much thought, the color scheme will be red and black. I thought of the 81 black and silver might work. Like this-
1574892868f636f067f89cc14862Jeep-CJ8-Scrambler-For-Sale-Results-Model-Make-Page-Bring-a-Trailer.jpg

But it just didn’t look right adding silver and grey in. Plus I have the factory rocker guards which will be coated in textured black like in the above picture.

Then I found this-
redblack3.png

And that was better, but just not perfect. Then, I found my perfect on a different wheel visualizer program-
Render 2.png

So if I do anything it will be all black decals, of the wrong year. But this really isn’t a restoration, it’s a resto-mod, so I’m good with that. And I may just go with no decals, or just the "SCRAMBLER" on the hood, maybe a bit of a slightly slanted font, with a small "6.0" off the lower corner of the R.

So, after editing this post, I did what most of us do- looked at Scrambler pics. Found this...if I do a hood decal, this might be it.
etsy scrambler.jpg

Last edited:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
At this point I don’t know. That was the original plan- the 81 orange/red one.
View attachment 85624

But after much thought, the color scheme will be red and black. I thought of the 81 black and silver might work. Like this-
View attachment 85623

But it just didn’t look right adding silver and grey in. Plus I have the factory rocker guards which will be coated in textured black like in the above picture.

Then I found this-
View attachment 85625

And that was better, but just not perfect. Then, I found my perfect on a different wheel visualizer program-
View attachment 85626

So if I do anything it will be all black decals, of the wrong year. But this really isn’t a restoration, it’s a resto-mod, so I’m good with that. And I may just go with no decals, or just the "SCRAMBLER" on the hood, maybe a bit of a slightly slanted font, with a small "6.0" off the lower corner of the R.

So, after editing this post, I did what most of us do- looked at Scrambler pics. Found this...if I do a hood decal, this might be it.
View attachment 85627
A lot of choices. I love the factory graphics. But like you said, it's a resto-mod so make it your own.👍 With the black wheels, the all black graphics could look great. Tough decision. Good luck.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Surprisingly, I actually don't mind those...something's very wrong :sick: Dude put waaay too much vodka in my Painkiller :ROFLMAO:

Ok. I’m jealous! Painkillers!

But hey, I still like the wheels on your red Scrambler!

Ron Zacapa Rum...my son and his girlfriend got me a bottle of Solera 23 for Fathers Day. Yum!

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
I thought painkillers were made with rum ... specifically “Ron Zacapa XO”.
You're correct, but there's a local distiller who makes breadfruit vodka & comes up with various cocktails (often times reworks of rum cocktails) & infusions. I just picked up a caramel/coffee infusion yesterday & they had banana cream pie a couple of weeks ago (sold out over the weekend, I have two bottles in the cupboard). They did a coquito at Christmas time that was actually one of the best I've had (the cultural appropriation folks were upset). They also do a coffee, smoked Scottish bonnet pepper (goes really well in bloody Mary's & surprisingly margaritas), ginger & tumeric, pineapple, sour orange, etc. Most of them are seasonal based upon what fruits are available locally at the time.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
You're correct, but there's a local distiller who makes breadfruit vodka & comes up with various cocktails (often times reworks of rum cocktails) & infusions. I just picked up a caramel/coffee infusion yesterday & they had banana cream pie a couple of weeks ago (sold out over the weekend, I have two bottles in the cupboard). They did a coquito at Christmas time that was actually one of the best I've had (the cultural appropriation folks were upset). They also do a coffee, smoked Scottish bonnet pepper (goes really well in bloody Mary's & surprisingly margaritas), ginger & tumeric, pineapple, sour orange, etc. Most of them are seasonal based upon what fruits are available locally at the time.
I remember seeing the video of the banana cream on Facebook! I’m really jealous! I think you’re living the life I thought I’d be living by now! Oh well, at least I get to see you enjoying it.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
I remember seeing the video of the banana cream on Facebook! I’m really jealous! I think you’re living the life I thought I’d be living by now! Oh well, at least I get to see you enjoying it.
Come on down for a visit when the craziness settles down. We'll send you back with a few bottles (there's also some varieties of Cruzan that don't make it stateside...they release a watermelon from time to time that's amazing with lemonade) & maybe even some wheels ;)

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Come on down for a visit when the craziness settles down. We'll send you back with a few bottles (there's also some varieties of Cruzan that don't make it stateside...they release a watermelon from time to time that's amazing with lemonade) & maybe even some wheels ;)
That sounds great! I will take you up on that offer! I’m putting it on my future calendar!