• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New Member - Looking to learn

Choeppner

City
Boerne
State
TX
Joined and lots of great info. We’ve been working on my Girls Scrambler that was passed down from her dad. Got it fired up tonight After flushing the fuel, changing some hoses and changing the oil and did a fun 2 hour Drive. She did pretty good for sitting as long as she has.

Looks like we’re going to have to change the power steering pump as I put new fluids in but still squealing and change the belts.

Doesn’t go over 55 with hiccups but is so much fun to drive.

Going to be a great project bringing it back to life together.

Gotta replace the side wood rails and see if there’s a way to mount a seat in the back for our kids when they want to ride.

Attachments

• AB52D2AC-5F5E-4F50-AF0E-88D13CA360B9.jpeg
    AB52D2AC-5F5E-4F50-AF0E-88D13CA360B9.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 76920D8E-1AC8-4730-B43C-C31FDD739D1B.jpeg
    76920D8E-1AC8-4730-B43C-C31FDD739D1B.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 82

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Excellent! Pull that windshield banner off and run it just like it is. At the most, I’d try refinishing those side boards. If original, they’re worth the effort

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Welcome. Looks like a great Scrambler.

Choeppner

City
Boerne
State
TX
Excellent! Pull that windshield banner off and run it just like it is. At the most, I’d try refinishing those side boards. If original, they’re worth the effort
Thanks! Thinking of drying to restore them but they are real dry and aged. Was trying to see if possible to order replacements but not having any luck there.

Choeppner

City
Boerne
State
TX
Thanks! That makes it easier on the seat. Now I just need to learn to be a carpenter. Lol. I do wonder though seeing how it’s done if I can get my local cabinet maker to do the routing. Then I can stain and install.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Thanks! That makes it easier on the seat. Now I just need to learn to be a carpenter. Lol. I do wonder though seeing how it’s done if I can get my local cabinet maker to do the routing. Then I can stain and install.
Any cabinet maker worth their salt can take those instructions and remake them. Should also be helpful to have your originals nearby.