• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New owner

James Misner

City
Lawrencetown
State
NS
Well, I've finally got myself a scrambler. Her name is Rusty?. It's an 81 scrambler with 0M (dark brown metallic) paint. Spent its life plowing near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It has a little over 34000 miles. Three things tell me those are the original miles: 1. The seller told me 2. Both of the seats are in amazing shape - nor even the slightest tear in the driver's seat 3. I believe all of the Goodyear Wrangler tires are the originals. I'm happy to have the original ownership documents as well. I have a few questions about it: 1. Did all of the scramblers have the scrambler emblem on the rear quarters? I see no signs(like fading) on the original paint at all... 2. Rusty came with a factory am fm stereo. Is the one in it a factory option? 3. Do they still make the same Goodyear Wranglers? Ps. I'm looking for a nutmeg carpet set ? James20190203_225935.jpg20190204_153717.jpg20190204_155049.jpg

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Good find! :thumbsup:

It looks like you have a couple of other Jeeps to show off here, as well.

Welcome! :cheers:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Welcome. Rusty is a good name. At least the front floor boards aren't rusty(since they aren't really there. The frame sure has a lot of scale and surface rust. The bed is super clean at least. I am guessing the front floor boarda are so gone because the driver tracked snow in and the carpet got wet and just stayed wet in the winter and killed them. Did you get it running yet?

James Misner

City
Lawrencetown
State
NS
Welcome. Rusty is a good name. At least the front floor boards aren't rusty(since they aren't really there. The frame sure has a lot of scale and surface rust. The bed is super clean at least. I am guessing the front floor boarda are so gone because the driver tracked snow in and the carpet got wet and just stayed wet in the winter and killed them. Did you get it running yet?
Not yet. I managed to find a complete factory NOS front floor section! 20190202_122542.jpg

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Both are beautiful Jeeps, but that Golden Eagle Cherokee! Wow!

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
I had an '85 Grand Waggy for several years, SOA on 33's....my kids always loved it too. It was a great overland/camping rig.

Shaggy

City
Tempe
State
AZ
Nice! How did you get the Cherokee pushed back so close against the back wall of the garage?

With the CJ8, the first thing you will need to do is get that bed camper/shell off.