• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New project, non Jeep

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
She's beautiful. you don't see many of the older Pontiacs around anymore up here in Ohio.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Love me the old Ponchos. Still hate that I had to sell my 69.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
And that is beautiful. Ever had an old pontiac before? There is a lot to know. It was crazy how GM was so split up and each company had their own engines and all. A lot less sharing back then.

Very nice looking car. And I love that it has the 400 still.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Beautiful car ! Great time to buy now that premium gas is down to $2 a gallon. Time to Cruz that beast !

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Hurst Lightning Rods! WOW! Very rear. :thumbsup: :wave:

Last edited:

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Not going to be warm enough to wash her up until Friday or Saturday, then new pictures. The lightning rods were not stock shifters for it, they were an Oldsmobile shifter for a few years. Ordering parts for it now. Top and battery tray first. I'm trying to load a video of this running, it has such an amazing sound to it. This is my first Pontiac. The 400 has it's own sound, nothing like my SBC's or my Chrysler 383's. Loving that. We don't worry about the price of gas anymore when it comes to this. Diesel yes, gas no. It's not a perfect show car, but looking forward to getting it straight mechanically and driving it like it was stolen.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Nice looking. Back in '93 me and a buddy redid his 66 GTO. New complete 1/4 panels, full paint job, it was beautiful. Firstt time out he blew up the engine. Rebuilt a beast of an engine but sold it before he got it back together. I was maddddd at him. Yours reminds me of his soo much. Have fun, I know warm weather and saltless roads can't come soon enough for you.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Fixed it. Imgetting old. The lightning rods didn't stick around long for some reason, they jest never caught on. They were very expensive. I purchased a set and installed them in my '69 blown corvette for about three weeks. had a friend borrow them when i put the 'veto up for the winter. Havent seen themor him since.LOL :banghead: :shrug:

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Wow, he disappeared on you . I'd hunt him down, but how many years ago was that. I kind of like the lightning rods, they are unique. And you can just drive it like a regular shifter as well. Cool factor plus practicle.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
It's been many years ago. He was about 40 miles away, went looking for him several times to no avail.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow, that's sweet! Congrats (as long as it doesn't take away Jeep time :rotfl:)

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Trying to sell off a few Jeep's to finally finish the cj6 and Srambler. I need a tub for the 8. Not much going on Jeep work wise. Tinkering is about it now.