• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New to me- 1982 Scrambler

Zppy

New member
City
Navarre
State
Fl
Hello, Wife just bought me a '82 Scrambler. I have had an '82 Wagoneer, Currently have 2 CJ-2A's, and a DD '98 Tj. As the Scrambler is new to me please bear with the newby questions. The radiator is solid, it appears to have another 3/4 cooler in front of it but has a hose that has been cut off as it exits the Shroud on the upper right side. My thought is that at some point it might have been a Trans cooler. It currently has a 4.0 in it, as PO, did not rebuild the 4.2. So I am sure he did a lot of good enough to work and I don't need that cutting out of stuff. Thoughts?
Dave
 

Attachments

  • WZEO3861.jpeg
    WZEO3861.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 37
Welcome! Interesting color. Post some more pics when you can. Still a lot of summer to enjoy it. 👍
 
Heck, your wife bought you a Scrambler? Enough said right there!! My wife complains about every package that arrives with some type of Jeep part!
Enjoy it and post more photos!
Congrats!!!
 
Very nice you will enjoy it.
 
Welcome. Good looking 8. Do you know any of the history of her?
 
Congratulations! What an awesome wife!

Cooler is almost certainly a trans cooler but it could be oil or even power steering. What transmission does it have now? What did it have before?
 
BigWalton, It appears to be a T5. I am just now doing a see what I have to work with look. It drives nice and the only thing that seems not to work right is the Wipers. It has a 4.0 in it, looks like a T5, and a 300 TC. Little things like Engine mounts, bump stops and 40 year old body spacers, and cut not hoses, to what I assume is a Trans-cooler that is not in use.
 
Back
Top