• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Newbie posting for first time

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Welcome. That looks familiar, may have seen it online for sale? We need more info on that beauty, looks nice a nice restomod!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Welcome! Great looking rig! Love the color combo!

Welcome. That looks familiar, may have seen it online for sale? We need more info on that beauty, looks nice a nice restomod!

I feel like I saw this posted too. Great to see it end up on here :thumbsup:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
She's a beauty! We definitely need more pics and specs.
CONGRATS! And welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Goldrush

City
San Jose
State
CA
Thanks for the welcome! It’s a 1982 with original 258ci I6 engine. Engine needs some TLC as the previous owner disconnected most of the emission controls and living in California we have strict smog laws (that’s a whole other topic). I am switching out the carburetor for a Holley EFI system and adding a catalytic converter to get this baby to pass smog.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Is the Holley fuel injection carb compliant?

I thought Howell was the only remaining carb compliant efi kits?

Welcome by the way!

Goldrush

City
San Jose
State
CA
Is the Holley fuel injection carb compliant?

I thought Howell was the only remaining carb compliant efi kits?

Welcome by the way!
You are correct, I meant to say Howell. I looked at the Holley Sniper but it is not CARB compliant.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
You might look at the MOPAR or Chrysler fuel injection kit also. I talked with a mechanic that had difficulty dialing in the Howel and Chrysler was much easier to get dialed in. But he was a Chrysler mechanic so might have had a little bias. Maybe others here have dealt with both?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You might look at the MOPAR or Chrysler fuel injection kit also. I talked with a mechanic that had difficulty dialing in the Howel and Chrysler was much easier to get dialed in. But he was a Chrysler mechanic so might have had a little bias. Maybe others here have dealt with both?

No longer sold, so you’d have to find one left over.

The EFI kits no longer need “dialing in”. Completely self learning if you get one of the new ones. The FAST EZ EFI I put on my Cherokee was stupid simple and has been flawless.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Yeah, that makes sense. It was a while ago that we had that conversation. I'm gettin old.:o

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Great looking '8. Welcome!