ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Only thing better than one 8, is 2. Only thing better than 2, is 3. Only thing better than 3 is a hoarder (or is that a collecter?).

So, I guess that means blue is not "your last build"?

Last edited:

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Yeah, that whole 'last project' thing is out the window, though this is a lesser undertaking. Just going to make some tweaks to it for now until JPSK8 is further along, then decide which one is getting the world cab...I keep waffling back & forth. Going to start a new thread for the red one...

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I vote world cab on the blue one, but I'm a little biased. That would require re skinning the jump seats (unless you dont plan to use them and want to sell em).

If you put the world cab on the red one it would need to be sprayed with a liner to match (I personally do t like that, but that is just my opinion). The jump seats would still need to be re skinned, unless you reskin the driver and passenger seats to tan.

The red one looks ready to roll around the island, so I'd just use the heck out of it as is.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
I vote world cab on the blue one, but I'm a little biased. That would require re skinning the jump seats (unless you dont plan to use them and want to sell em).
That's the way that I'm leaning. It's already a mish-mosh of different vintage & model parts. My only trepidation is that I spent good money having that rear seat custom upholstered. Jump seats need to be reupholstered regardless of which one they end up in. Do you know if they fold up? If they do, then that could potentially work out.

If you put the world cab on the red one it would need to be sprayed with a liner to match (I personally do t like that, but that is just my opinion). The jump seats would still need to be re skinned, unless you reskin the driver and passenger seats to tan.
I definitely don't want to bedline the top to match. I will most likely sand the liner off at some point & repaint once the blue one is up & running & the world cab could be done at that point to match. It has no rear seat, so not taking a loss there.

The red one looks ready to roll around the island, so I'd just use the heck out of it as is.
Exactly. She's ready to roll...ran her up & down the highway for about two hours on Monday on my shipping misadventures (booking agent neglected to tell me that since I was buying my own container & loading in other stuff that I couldn't take it directly to the port). Just going to make a few tweaks (tie-rod flip & get rid of the drop pitman arm, swap my RE springs on in place of the Rough Country's, etc) to make it a little nicer & put my stamp on it.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Regarding the jump seats and foldability, check with Jeff Scherb. He had jump seats in his jeep with a world cab. I don't think he is active here, mostly Jeep Forum.

I am 99.99% sure the factory seats you have do fold.

Did you get them from Venezuela?

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Yes, I got them from Venezuela. I'll look for Jeff over on Jeep Forum. I suppose worst case I can just replace the bottom cushion bolts with removable pins & pull them when I don't need the troop seating.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
My crates from OH finally arrived last week (long, ridiculous journey...didn't even leave OH until late January, then sat in FL for two weeks followed by a 1 week boat tour of the Caribbean). All of my larger shop tools & Scrambler parts that I didn't have time to bolt on were in there. 90146377_10219240701307006_1184981172023721984_o.jpg