• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project JPSK8 - my last build??

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Glad you have the scrambler in a garage. That Caribbean damp salt air and rain is really bad on sheet metal. Will be interesting to see how the frame and body hold up. I've see SS rust over time and axles break down on the island I grew up on.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Glad you have the scrambler in a garage. That Caribbean damp salt air and rain is really bad on sheet metal. Will be interesting to see how the frame and body hold up. I've see SS rust over time and axles break down on the island I grew up on.
It sure is. Our new SS dishwasher (obviously not 304) started rusting after a month. We clean & coat all of the SS appliances monthly now. I think the frame will be fine since it's galvanized, zinc primered & powder coated. The body will be interesting to watch. I was back in OH last week to crate up my stuff that didn't fit in the last container (including some major Scrambler parts like the gas tank & skid & radiator & my jacks & jack stands, engine host & stand & hydraulic press), so that should all be here shortly. Just got a job with the Dept. of Labor, so I'll be back to weekend warrior status in a couple of weeks.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Work ? I thought you went down to retire in paradise. Well I guess that keeps you out of the local watering holes during the day and draining the rum punch bowls

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Work ? I thought you went down to retire in paradise. Well I guess that keeps you out of the local watering holes during the day and draining the rum punch bowls

I've still got another 9-12 years before retirement. The original plan was to wait until then to move. I got a nice little taste of it for a few months & am looking forward to that day.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yea I'm ready myself. Somewhere between next week ( forced ) or my call in a couple of years. Better to move to where you want to enjoy life before you get to old to enjoy it. I was able to see my dad do it and he never regretted it at all.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Wow! That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see it installed. Same color or contrasting?

As far as retiring goes, I’m ready. Just not quite old enough. But my hopes are that the goalposts don’t move and I can be there in 3 years or so. ??

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Yea I'm ready myself. Somewhere between next week ( forced ) or my call in a couple of years. Better to move to where you want to enjoy life before you get to old to enjoy it. I was able to see my dad do it and he never regretted it at all.

Precisely!! I had a stretch of about 18 months where I lost my uncle (mother's side), my father, my aunt (mother's side), my last uncle on my mother's side, a friend, my aunt (father's side) & then another friend a couple of weeks before we moved...I got the message loud & clear.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Wow! That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see it installed. Same color or contrasting?

As far as retiring goes, I’m ready. Just not quite old enough. But my hopes are that the goalposts don’t move and I can be there in 3 years or so. ??

I'm actually seriously considering buying another Scrambler & shipping it down so that I have one 'traditional' and one faux-Overlander. Talking to a guy in Texas now who has one that's missing the top & rollbar (which I don't need) & a few minor parts that I have extras of...we shall see. And I met a Jeep mechanic a couple of weeks ago who has a project '86 CJ-7 that he's looking to unload cheap...I might be in trouble...

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Flying to Miami on Monday for a few hours, hopefully dropping something off at the port before I head back...

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Saw one of the other handful of Scramblers on the island at the parade for Mardi Croix this morning (used for 'bush' & beach tours & there's also an orange one...I've seen a white one in the past that I believe is the company owner's personal vehicle). Jeep club prez says he knows of another one & after seeing mine, he's been trying to get that guy to sell him his. Finally took the top off the wife's JLU (her lift is in the garage & I ordered her new tires Friday) & swapped to the soft top after we got home. That's 'Cucolo' in the 2nd pic, he's got the red 'glass-bodied CJ-7 in the front of the line...there's a few 5's & 7's here too.85047765_10216855620322911_8287071167781535744_o.jpg87127758_10216854287289586_714566396368912384_o.jpg84308400_10219051312972416_2483417731987144704_o.jpg

Last edited: