• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SCRAMBLER hood decal set group buy

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
OK, Just ordered my set. Ryan didn't know how close they were to the discount cutoff, but he said he had gotten about 5 orders within the last 24HRS.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Just placed my order for 1 set. He said it was the 7th between yesterday and today.

Come on folks, get the orders in!!!!

Dain

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Ordered a set, if we are close to a price break, I will order a second set. Thanks again for your effort .:wave:

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Ryan and Jonathan were out by the time I got there, so I wasn't able to get a count. I'll call in the morning. Here are the updated proofs. New "SCRAMBLER" below first "SCRAMBLER" decal. Thicker font.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380670686.103165.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380670736.192714.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
The thicker font looks great!

Dain

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I thought so too. The side letters look a lot better as well. They were a little too small the first time. I'm going to try and get out to my CJ-5 parts jeep tomorrow and test the fender and hood letters. No tailgate, so that'll have to wait.

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
Jeeps didnt come with the tailgate decals did they? They do look good.

karl

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
The parts catalog for 81-86 lists tailgate decals in different colors but typically were not part of the laredo or renegade decal package.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I have never seen one on any original renegade or laredo either. I have seen them on some random jeeps over the years but not often.

Here is 81-84 SL scrambler for example:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380722558.255838.jpg

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Both my CJ5 and CJ8 had tailgate decals. Not sure of the history of the CJ5 so it could have been added by the PO, but the CJ8 definitely came that way when it was new.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380733145.282964.jpg
Rubbing from 82 Cj-7.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380733180.925205.jpg
decal on wax paper laid over rubbing.
I'll take the rubbing AND the wax papered decal to them to show them what needs changed.

The Cj I used had a sort of misshapen "p". Could someone get a close up shot of their fender letters? Thanks. Also, thanks for all of your patience. This has turned into a lot more work than I thought it would be! I mean really, how hard can getting a couple decals made be, right? Famous last words...

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
This has turned into a lot more work than I thought it would be! I mean really, how hard can getting a couple decals made be, right? Famous last words...[/QUOTE]

I see it as your preserving history the right way and these decals will last another 30 years till someone else steps up to copy them again.....:)

Sent from my SPH-L900

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Can you find out how close we are to the price break? If we meet the break, or if 1 additional order would put us over, I'll increase my quantity to two. Ryan said he was waiting for word from you as to when to cut off ordering.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I left a message for him today about a set (he had already gone)

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I took the proofs back this morning with the revisions that need to be made. I'll have Ryan keep the orders open until they get the decals right and I can verify that they're right.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Jonathan said that there were 10 or 11 people who had ordered. He said that he thought most were for 1 set but he would get an accurate count for me.