• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

SJScrambler - Getting Started

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
This showed up the other day, meant to post a picture of it... really nice addition to the man cave/office area.

cb

20200516_113551_resized.jpg

NOTE: Almost ready to jump back on the Jeep build... finally mowed yesterday, garden is tilled, all furniture on the deck and one last thing for Memorial Day and we will be finally done with all the chores.

Stay tuned.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Do people have to remove their shoes before they walk on it?

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
That mat is beautiful! It would be in danger in my house because my 3 high school sons tend to eat unknown things.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
CB, Any progress on the build?

Sadly no... the hot tub removal project has gone on too long and I have one more thing to do before getting back to Jeeps... the trailer fenders need replacing as they are literally rusting off... I hope to do the fenders this weekend... at least that will be something related to metal and not tile/grout/trim/wood/paint...

At least I am almost done.

20200522_073517_resized.jpg

20200602_181328_resized.jpg

cb

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
Nice work blending all that tile in after the fact, looks seamless! Cant wait to see your next steps on the truck build when you get back on it.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Nice work blending all that tile in after the fact, looks seamless! Cant wait to see your next steps on the truck build when you get back on it.

Thanks... it was quite a challenge... typical install 25 years ago, some leftovers were in the basement when we moved in... then trying to find some big ieces, they stopped making the tile in the 2000's... found bits and pieces here and there... grout was a special color as well... so I had to reclaim some of the tiles from the access panel and around the corners of the tub

All in all I have 1.5 sq. ft. left... and 2 of the pieces in that puzzle have very fine cracks that I had to "glue" back together.

All in all with some sofa/table/chair combo and a throw rug, no one will knwo the difference.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
In the final stretch... lots of painting last nigh and cutting new wood that was "glued" to the wall and broken when taking it all apart.
I got one of the new windows in as well... I hope to be done this weekend.

20200604_182112_resized.jpg

On another reclamation project note.

I received this supposed 1986 dashpad recently... I think it is honey under there :(

20200604_175554_resized.jpg

I like a challenge, we will see how that cleans up.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Employed the CJ7 air compressor to assist in the house... the little compressor worked great.
I got rid of my small compressor a while back and went to a big one in the garage that is no longer mobile, so this was a great solution to the problem.

20200605_171814_resized.jpg

20200605_172501_resized.jpg

20200605_172332_resized.jpg

20200605_172335_resized.jpg

20200605_191839_resized.jpg

Molding needs final paint and that window needs installing and I am DONE with this project... furniture ordered up and soon will be a nice usable space we haven't had in a long time.

cb

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Molding needs final paint and that window needs installing and I am DONE with this project... furniture ordered up and soon will be a nice usable space we haven't had in a long time.
It appears by the spacing of the electrical outlets the tub/spa was installed when the room was built. :shrug:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
It appears by the spacing of the electrical outlets the tub/spa was installed when the room was built. :shrug:

Good eye... from what we gather, that room was built specifically for that hot tub... the wall where it was has no windows except for 2 tiny ones for privacy, the rest of the room is covered with windows top to bottom.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The inside room work is done... now the trailer must be fixed (so I can get more Jeeps).
This side is the worst, so starting there... there are holes and paper thin metal... New England chews them up.

20200609_173137_resized.jpg

20200609_173142_resized.jpg

20200609_173150_resized.jpg

I got 2 of them... one for each side... from Tractor Supply, they were the right overall dimensions.
These will get treated with ZeroRust before they go on.
20200609_173154_resized.jpg

Got it mostly hacked off and a lot of it cleaned up... more tomorrow.

20200609_180546_resized.jpg

It already looks a ton better. I am going back and forth in my head to do removable bolt on fenders vs. not. removable ones would help with wider tire loading...

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Just some more prep, not much to show... but it is ready for mounting and welding... just gonna go back together normal on this one, I have another trailer in mind for the future... this one has to be functional sooner than later.

Weld through primer protection for the welding and then top coating it after.

20200610_184902_resized.jpg

20200610_184920_resized.jpg

Hard to see in the picture, but it is painted on the inside, where the welding will not occur... a lot easier to paint it upside down this way vs. once it is on... top coating will be done once installed.

cb