Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Made the decision to build the original block. Bored the whole thing and nothing looked any worse. Both of us think when it is honed it should be ok to use. So he said about 2 weeks.

PS if doesn't work well maybe it will last long enough for me to save up and put 2.8 cummins in it.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I agree the R2.8 would be cool but I just don't have the budget for it. So it will be the 4.3
Back at the house in the stand, now get it reassembled to install.

20201210_091816.jpgresized.jpg

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Still working an getting the motor ready to go back in but I was sitting at the computer last night and decide to see if I could make this picture. Took awhile but I managed.
Old to new.png
When I get the motor in and running again it goes down to get the glass reinstalled in the top.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Looking great :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure you will be up and running way before I get my current red project Scrambler driving again :christmas:

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I think the bottom side stuff is done. Up to the top now.

20201223_132350.jpgresized.jpg
Added the flange while I had it out. It was bear to pull it our the tube to take it off. So I cut it added the flanges and put the short piece in and then bolted it up, much easier to get it in and out now if needed.

20201223_132447.jpgresized.jpg
Driver's side.

20201223_132519.jpgresized.jpg
Passenger's side.

Attachments

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Got all the parts and pieces back together. Most of the wiring is back in place, just a couple that needs heat protection not hooked up waiting on some from DEI but not needed to test. So I hooked up the batteries and no smoke. Turned on the ignition and no smoke. Hit the starter just to see and it fired off. Didn't let it run but just a minute but it ran. Tie up the loose ends and see about getting it back out of the shop again. Maybe long enough to get it down to the glass shop this time.

20201230_093201.jpgresized.jpg

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM