barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Awesome looking. I have loved this thing for ages. Makes me wish I didn't sell my CJ6.
What is the original purpose of the trailer with the framework "cage"

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
The trailer was orginally built to carry a boat on top. I changed it to a flat deck to carry extra toys, chairs etc. It's been modified a bunch. Changed the deck shortened the tongue it had a real long tounge for the boat to stick over the front. Trailer has a 9000lb GVW. The builder advertised it could carry a surburdan and a 3200lb boat. I bought it used. The deck raises and lowers like a 4 post lift, pins in place when lifted.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
One short note on the looks, I have front flares to put on just haven't don't because of the room in the shop I was walking by them a 100 times a day no sense beating them up.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Well got the exhaust installed, took a chance and decided to drive it home, didn't make it apparently one of the freeze plugs I installed blew out. So the motor comes out again. THIS TIME it goes to the shop for a full rebuild. NOT talking a chance again.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bummer, I was so excited about seeing it move only to find out about the motor. Sorry man.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
After spending some time doing some up grades to the house (not done with those either) I got back in the shop to figure out how much of the CJ 6 I am going take a part to get the motor. After looking for a while I decided to start taking stuff of the motor first and see if it looks like I can get it out without taking the front of. First day pictures coming.