• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Someone called it a TJ 6

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Well I have gotten some time to work on the CJ6. Doing things like brake lines and air lines for the lockers. First time sense the platform change over to post so I will see what I can mess up.

Start to rear brake lines.
P1040704.jpgresized.jpg

Out to the brakes.
P1040705.jpgresized.jpg

Brake line and Fuel line, filter and regulator. (Hoping I have figured out what it will take to get fuel to the motor at the correct pressure.
P1090125.jpgresized.jpg

Up the frame towards the motor and master cylinder
P1090124.jpgresized.jpg

Last edited:

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Starting air lines for the rear ARB locker.

At the rear housing. Change to AN3 braided line instead of the ARB line.
P1090127.jpgresized.jpg

Change it steel line to go up the frame.
P1090131.jpgresized.jpg

Up the frame toward the front. Plan on putting the compressor on the right front fender.
P1090132.jpgresized.jpg

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Working the on front now. Brakes and Front ARB locker air lines.

Front brake flex line installed. If you look close you can see the 2 holes where the original bracket was installed. I found out the hard way on my LJ the if you are crossed up and turn the wheel the right way you can tear the hard line out of the fitting. So I move them forward up against the shock tower.
P1090128.jpgresized.jpg

Other side front, moved it as well.
P1090129.jpgresized.jpg

The front ARB air line and the front brake lines in position.
P1090133.jpgresized.jpg

The fitting to go back to AN3 flex line to run to the compressor when ready.
P1090134.jpgresized.jpg

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
I have been playing with the drivers side exhaust trying to see if I can get the exhaust run around the front of the motor to tie in the passenger side and go back from there.

I am not have much luck at it.
3.8 liter manifold, power steering is in the way.
P1090137.jpgresized.jpg

Close up view.
P1090136.jpgresized.jpg

I tried a 4.3 passenger side manifold and it is too wide and hits the frame, can't even get it in there. I have have just use the standard manifold and get creative when I do the exhaust. I am looking into using a Type II pump with a remote reservoir. I am not sure even that will clear the exhaust.

I will add some more pictures showing why I want to go around the front.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Put the 4.3 manifold back on and took another look, maybe I don't need to go around front. So here is what I am seeing.

The manifold sits inside the frame rails and appears to have enough room to get the exhaust down and under the firewall.
DSC03500.JPG

The body sits above the frame rail. The bottom of the body sits about 1 1/4 in above the rail.
DSC03409.JPG

The bottom of the level is sitting about where the floor of the body would be when on the frame.
20181111_104940.jpgresized.jpg

Looks like there is enough room to run an exhaust pipe through there with no problem. (the bracket on the back of the t-case is just and extra support).
20181111_105026.jpgresized.jpg

A reference point to see the spacing.
20181111_105546.jpgresized.jpg