• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Spankrjs' 1984 Long Term Project

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
One last picture from me, filing it up for the new owners the night before they picked it up. Figured I would start them out with at least one tank of fuel, they would be buying enough on the rest of the trip home :thumbsup:

IMG_20190207_224952951.jpg

Dennis Davis, and his daughter Lacy, bought this one from me on Friday, February 8th. They flew in late Thursday night, proceeded to drive it back home to Kansas over the weekend, plus a side trip to Mobile, AL, and Pensacola FL.

I am happy to report they had no problems with it, took them back home safe and sound :thumbsup:

It's a good Scrambler, I am sure they will enjoy it and take great care of it :thumbsup:

I am going to miss it, though :(

Anyway, I now have more time to play with my other two Scramblers, hopefully get the Red Scrambler National's ready :fingerscrossed:

Thanks again Dennis and Lacy, enjoy it :cheers::wave:

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
Sad to see this one go. Hopefully the new members visit here. I copied much of my build from information I gained here.... minus 2 cylinders. Thanks for the always thorough write ups!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Sad to see this one go. Hopefully the new members visit here. I copied much of my build from information I gained here.... minus 2 cylinders. Thanks for the always thorough write ups!

Glad this stuff is helpful/entertaining :cheers:

Dennis is on here, and usually goes to all the National rides, hopefully they will start a new thread :thumbsup:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Just realized I installed the rear spindle seals backwards, this would explain why gear oil gets inside the rear hubs:

For future reference. I also edited the original post.