• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Speedhut CJ speedo gauge temp warning

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
it’s more that part of the Speedhut purchase was to finally get my dream dash layout and this one bit of it is off. Princess and the pea kind of thing :shrug:

ive thought of swapping the USB outlets I have in the dash for one with an LED voltage readout and buying a matching temp gauge to replace the voltmeter, but then I’ve got redundant gauges in my “perfect” dash and THAT would annoy me :rotfl:
Dang, Eric. You're beginning to sound as bad as me!

Sfisher

Basic User
Silver Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Long story, short, I overheated my motor years ago on the trail and can't ever go back to just reading a sliding scale temp gauge. I have to know the temp! So I guess I'll stick with redundant gauges.

Thanks for the leg work on reaching out to Speedhut!

STSFCTN

Silver Member
City
Centennial
State
CO
Bigwalton, reviving this thread. I have changed 2 different thermostats. Boiled both and they open fine. Burped the coolant as well. I have the speed hut gauges and the warning light comes on shortly after the 195degree thermostat opens open. If ideal temp is around 210. Should I expect the gauge to go down, or just always show hot? Again this is new radiator, pump, thermostat, hoses etc oh and 302 Ford.