• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Squashed Scrambler - view with caution

BurntOrange

Hook 'em Horns!
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
I was searching some old pirate4x4 threads and ran across this pic of a squashed Scrambler. What a tragedy. RIP my friend.

attachmentphpattachmentid127620stc1-1.jpg

jpdeuce

Basic User
City
Houston
State
TX
I could prolly still use that tub...anything would be better than just the cab of a YJ on my Scrambler don't you think?

Man...tough loss.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
I remeber reading that. I forgot what they did with it though. Did they fix it or scrap it?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Cmon, a little duct tape and a can of spray paint and that thing's cherry again... :D

Sorry, I was so depressed by that picture that I felt the need to comfort myself by making a joke... my shrink says it's a "defense mechanism"

BurntOrange

Hook 'em Horns!
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
yup, was a hurricane victim. Thread ended without mention of what finally happened to it though. Guy who owned it said there was almost nothing left on it to salvage.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Memories

That a was a really sweet and clean scrambler too,i remember seeing pics of it before the damage...............still think it could have been savage,a sawzall and a tube bender and presto............Tubed rockcrawler with scrambler sheet metal! :D

txsbill

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
It didn't look that bad.....I've seen worse.... :rolleyes:

It did look like a pretty cherry example. That tree must've hit it so hard it blew the wheels right off of it...

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
I wonder why the rear wheels are gone? Maybe it was already up on blocks? I doubt the jacked it up and took them off......