jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Also ran the harness from the fuse box to the rear. Mounted the tail lights, need to get the hole drill bit to mount the side lights. Also connected up the wiring to the fuel tank. I need to wire the tack, the fuel gauge and stereo speakers. At that point the wiring is done except to re-run and connect the wiring going to the radiator and front lights. Also going to have to decide on new flares or flares that I was going to use on the other cj8. If they look right, the fiberglass body may be a good choice to trim for the flare fit. More I look at the mock-up (put up against the other cj8) I'm not sure I would like to trim that much? B0019285.jpg B0019286.jpg B0019287.jpg B0019288.jpg

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Installed the front fenders and grill. Set up a ground and battery blocks and ran the power and grounds. Ran the headlight and parking light harness. Ran the power for the electric fan. Just need to connect the rest of the electric fan control unit to the wires where I cut from behind the dash. 20190311_120452_resized.jpg 20190315_172834_resized.jpg 20190315_172838_resized.jpg

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Installed the radiator and electric fan. The same problem with the different clearances between the different body parts. The electric fan is sitting on the water pump pulley. I ended up moving the fan higher up the radiator. On the cj7 (tub, fenders and grill) I had a inch clearance. Also the grill support rods are short by approx. 1 inch. The fenders are fiberglass, grill is a new after market grill. Ended up fabricating brackets to make up the distance. Quicker than getting rod and extending the support rods (can always extend the rods later). 20190316_124840_resized.jpg 20190316_165636_resized.jpg 20190317_115148_resized.jpg 20190317_134540_resized.jpg

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Just been doing small items that take time to do. Cut and painted plates that are on the inside of cab. They match up to the side steps, to spread the support my weight climbing in. Installed wiring for front and rear speakers. Put rear speakers in and temp. put old front speakers under seats. Later in the summer I'll purchase the speakers to go in dash. Installed front drive shaft and put spare tire on the tire carrier. Almost kicked myself when installing the front drive shaft. Already had the exhaust in, was a close fit to the drive shaft. Should have done it in the reverse order. Just little things that take time that you don't think about. Major items I need to get is rear drive shaft, shocks. Little things is test the electrical (make sure I put together correctly), get fuel tank filler/vent tubes, paint tailgate and windshield then install. also have to check on the tailgate cable tub mounts. Wasn't thinking and cleaned up the cj7 fiberglass mounts, went to install and their a different style. Roll bar needs to be painted. Also forgot, filled in space between front roll bar to frame mount and bottom of tub. Need to fab up ones for the rear roll bar feet. 20190330_153440_resized.jpg 20190330_154017_resized.jpg