• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

This isn't encouraging for me finding another Scrambler

A buddy of mine just sent me this article where it talks about the top 10 classic vehicles on the rise for 2024. View attachment 112382
That is interesting to me. I wonder what is driving that. Maybe I should have kept that parts one I had a couple of summers ago and attempted to do the body work to make it worth something. And the frame and the ……..
 
Makes me want to sell mine I'm holding for information on my other rebuild
 
That's the article!!
🤣 I havent even opened it yet just saw the cover. I know they want me to up the value on my Cj-7 to $10,000 from the current $7500. My daughter wants to learn to drive a manual so Im going to grab another Cj-7 to learn on. Wanted another Scrambler but as the prices are now its not in the cards. I probably only have one more project left in me so it looks like a faux Golden Eagle is going to be it.
 
They keep writing that article, I think haggerty has been predicting the cj-8 bubble for 10 years now.
 
Well all I know is you can't find them anymore
What are you looking for? stock? unmolested? project?
Also budget? I don't see anything anymore for under $4K and then it just goes up from there.

I see a few around me, but they are in need of total restorations.

cb
 
What are you looking for? stock? unmolested? project?
Also budget? I don't see anything anymore for under $4K and then it just goes up from there.

I see a few around me, but they are in need of total restorations.

cb
I'm not looking, observing
 
Well I have my 4 and wife will kill me if I even think about another 8
Been waiting 3 1/2 months for a builder to get my new building put up 50x80 so I have a place to work/store them
 
A buddy at work brought that Haggerty magazine and showed it to me. I’m already insured with them with a stated value policy for the Jeep. i just upped it to 42k for just under $800 a year.
 
Let me tell you that insurance is going through the roof as are "values" of our vehicles as certain tax offices see them.........Got a tax bill for my 73 Bronco with their "appraised value" of $34,175.00 and about sh*t myself. That phone call was made the next day.

View recent photos.png
 
We have the highest insurance anywhere around pretty much, for vehicles. Since I have owned my vehicle ( 40 years ) I have probably bought mine again 5 times. And that’s just liability for the last 36 years.
 
Let me tell you that insurance is going through the roof as are "values" of our vehicles as certain tax offices see them.........Got a tax bill for my 73 Bronco with their "appraised value" of $34,175.00 and about sh*t myself. That phone call was made the next day.

View attachment 112452
They tax you on the value of your vehicle every year? That sucks!!!!

Glad I’m in Texas.
 
I wonder what is driving that.
I have the '8 but also have a '61 Corvair Lakewood Wagon. Most people didn't know they made a Corvair Wagon. The '8 is worth more as there were fewer '8s made than my Lakewood. 27K+ 8's and about 32 Corvair wagons... The 8 is rarer...
 
Same with my EB, millions made but so few 8’s.
I told the tax office that you need to have someone willing to pay that AND and someone who wants to sell-period.
 
Back
Top