• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Top Shelf Scrambler

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Those flex pics are flat out bitchen! :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks guys! :bacon:That was 8 months of a lot of long hours and hard work but Im pretty happy with how it turned out. Still have some tweaking to do which is expected after a build like this but its all minor. Definitely got to get the hydro assist on and a set of tender springs for the coil overs but very happy with how she performs. the sound of that 6.0 through the flowmaster 70 series just makes me smile every time!
To be continued . . .:D:cheers:

CGibson

Basic User
City
Santa Barbara
State
CA
Hoping the folks part of this thread years back are still around.

Recently picked up this sweet Scrambler build, and looking to get her back to primo condition. First thing that needs replacing is the bushings on the front axle. Can anyone tell from the build thread what kind they are or where to get replacements?CJ-8 Front Bushing.jpegCJ-8 Front Radius Arm.jpeg

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Messaged Sean "CJ ATE" of Facebook (he built this scrambler).

His reply:
"Been so long since I’ve been on the site I can’t remember my damn password! lol Will rest it and get back to him when I can. Pretty sure it was an Evolution Off-Road suspension system that was modified for the 8. "

sevensandeights

sevensandeights
City
Mckean
State
PA
I read earlier in the thread that you used a "new body" but didn't see a reference to what kind. Is it steel or aluminum? I noticed the rear fender wells are totally open and flush with the Poison Spyder crusher corners and it looks awesome. Did you cut out the factory lip that the factory flares mount to?

I've had a set of crusher corners c-clamped to my factory tub for 3 years but can't pull the trigger on drilling the mounting holes because I hate how your can see so much factory material in the fender well.

Sfisher

Basic User
Silver Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
I read earlier in the thread that you used a "new body" but didn't see a reference to what kind. Is it steel or aluminum? I noticed the rear fender wells are totally open and flush with the Poison Spyder crusher corners and it looks awesome. Did you cut out the factory lip that the factory flares mount to?

I've had a set of crusher corners c-clamped to my factory tub for 3 years but can't pull the trigger on drilling the mounting holes because I hate how your can see so much factory material in the fender well.

X2.

I want to pull the trigger on those same corners but that extra lip from the armor always looks weird. Especially if the corners and the body are different colors. Would like to see close ups of how that was handled on yours.

shortbals

City
Chesterfield
State
MO
This jeep is now making its way to STL From California, a friend of mine just bought it and is having it shipped to STL in the coming weeks. Anyone with some info on it, we might have questions when we start checking it out. First thing we noticed is it needs brake help, thinking adding hydro brakes and also a front swaybar set up to help highway driving, the plan is to drive this to a from the trail when possible and also have a nice around town beast.