• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Top Shelf Scrambler

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Coming along nicely. Wish I could make it to that ride in April to see it in person.

Carl

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks Carl! Was hoping you and a few others from the board were gonna make it to Oak Ridge.

OK I been slacking on updates so here we go.
den_zpsedfe1782-1.jpg

You know you have an amazing wife when she doesnt complain about the parts store in the den! LOL

Kayhelping_zps7599016b-1.jpg

Kay (said amazing wife) helping me out one evening. I think she just wants the parts out of the den! LOL

rearreservoirs_zpse6b39473-1.jpg

Rear resrvoirs mounted.

rearwithoutarmor_zpse6dd1ac9-1.jpg

Here you can see the end result of the armor mods to make it semetrical.

reararmor_zps99f4a0fc-1.jpg

Thought the space under the tailgate just looked to plain now so I made another piece of 3/16 armor to fill the area and go around the hinges.
You can also see the Rigid Industries lights that BW suggested. I used them as reverse lights. Thanks Eric for pointing these out man they worked out great!

testfit_zps4fb9867c-1.jpg

Buddy the owner came down to visit and check things out. Here Im fitting him to the cage seats shifters etc.

lookslikeaJeepagain_zps3b39b57f-1.jpg

Front clip back on . . . note to self dont install rails until front clip is on or you will have to pull them off again just to get to the darn holes for the fenders! :banghead::rolleyes:

enginecover_zpsc29bce8c-1.jpg

Engine cover turned out great! Painted the holley coil covers as well but they are gonna take a bit of work to get installed!
That engine compartment got cramped all of a sudden! LOL

What do you think guys?

kryptoniteCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
Tx
Looks fantastic! Keep up the good work. Please take lots of pics when finished this is going to be an incredible build when finished!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Simply awesome, that's what I think!

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Those fenders are spot on... Lines flow great.

Like to see more pics of inner fenders and mud shielding.
Looks like from one pic that U got gaps way better than factory did :)

Bogged

CJ-8 Member
City
Sydney
State
NS
Do you have any pics of the diffs specifically where the Coilover mounts to them? Also what length are they?

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Suddenly my poor blue beast looks so shameful now..... Can't wait to get home and come see this thing (hopefully). Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks guys!!:thumbsup:

red mistress and bogged i will get more detailed pics of the areas you both asked about up soon.

JeepDreamer your welcome anytime man give me a shout when your stateside! Im dying to see the camper on your blue beast in person anyway!

Soon as a figure out how to lonk the dran thing I will get a running video up.

Later
Sean

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Front clip back on . . . note to self dont install rails until front clip is on or you will have to pull them off again just to get to the darn holes for the fenders! :banghead::rolleyes:

I'm with ya! Between the lack of capture nuts in the Aqualu tub for the seats, no studs for the clutch linkage, powder coating, and polishing underneath so my spider was shiney, I got really really really good at pulling my Ricochet Rockers on and off too! I probably installed and removed the left side 7 times. Your Jeep looks great!

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks man!:thumbsup:
I think I lost count as to how many times I pulled those darn ricochet rockers on and off!:banghead:
Good news is I can do it blindfolded by now!:shrug:

Excellent choice in quotes btw! LOL

Later
Sean

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Glad to be home! The camper (RTT) had to come off the CJ since it made it to tall. :( While I was at it I hacked off the crappy exo-rack. The tent ended up on the XJ which is stuck in Customs hell/prison until they feel like releasing it. No word on the CJ yet either.
Glad to see your making sick progress on the big money build. :)

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Sorry for the lack of updates recently guys but she is done!

The 6.0 sounds awesome and the power is great! The suspension worked flawlessly all weekend and this thing in double low is a joy to watch crawl over the rocks with ease.

Still have some minor things to finish,a few changes, and a lil tuning to do but we brought her to the Nationals this past weekend and had a blast! As soon as I get the action pics from my buddy Rob I will post them later as well as the last of the build process.

What ya think guys?