• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Trim level question

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Hi Randy. Great looking rig, welcome to cj-8.com.

You should post this in the new members section and you'll get loads of input on its level. Kim Dawson is a Jeep whisperer and can probably tell you for certain.

jpnmaine

City
East Wilton
State
ME
So I will continue with this thread. My firewall tag is pretty rusted and needed to be removed because the front clip was being replaced. I can see the code on the front/back side and will eventually try a chemical or baking soda process to try to clean it up. Anyhow this is the tag information. Clarification as to what model/trim and paint code/color would be appreciated.
J149952 88
17 2D 3EB
1JCM88E1GTO27897
20210930_133636.jpg

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
3EB is slate blue high back denim seats, so not a Laredo

2D is the paint code, "Deep Night Blue"

So you either had a SR (Renegade) or a base model.

If you have aluminum spoke steering wheel and rocker guards, it's likely a Renegade/ SR. If you don't have rocker guards and have a black plastic spoked steering wheel it's probably a base. No way to be sure either way the way they did options back then.

jpnmaine

City
East Wilton
State
ME
Thank you. Looks like an SR package. Rocker guards and steering wheel is as you describe. Also had the step up. It had the diamond plate pattern vs grip tape...not much left of them unfortunately.