ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I have been told, they were anodized black from the factory. The anodizing was not great and faded to raw aluminium very quickly. But I like the aluminum color personally.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Are you going with two sets of doors, or just half doors only?
I have a set of original soft doors, and these half doors with a set of soft uppers I dyed nutmeg. I think the details (dye source, etc.) are somewhere on a previous page?

I don't know how often I'll use either, but now's the time to get it done!

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Are those tailgate hinges upside down?
Yeah, I don't know why that's so hard to figure out, but it's a little embarrassing for a jeep shop. I'll make sure they get it right on assembly after painting.

Personally, I'm having a hard time reassembling the dang driver side two-piece seat slider.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I like the half doors, just look so good on a cj without a top. You get the new reproduction doors, or used ones? I have been looking for a set, but they are all way too expensive for a used set. Almost the same cost as the reproductions from Quadratec.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I like the half doors, just look so good on a cj without a top. You get the new reproduction doors, or used ones? I have been looking for a set, but they are all way too expensive for a used set. Almost the same cost as the reproductions from Quadratec.
Used, very good shape (not that it matters since they were getting torn down anyway). I think I paid about $400 for them?

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I also like the look of the half doors. I picked up a nice set too for about 400. My set has a key for the door. Not that I’ll ever use it since I won’t have uppers. I’ve seen OEM wrangler half doors with and without keys.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I also like the look of the half doors. I picked up a nice set too for about 400. My set has a key for the door. Not that I’ll ever use it since I won’t have uppers. I’ve seen OEM wrangler half doors with and without keys.
I was a little miffed when a keyed set of doors showed up on Craigslist the day after I bought mine, but the truth is I've got too many different keys already and no good way to consolidate all of them. Ignition, glove box, console, bed box.

I'll also be relocating the rear seat so it squeezes the bed box against the tailgate; at the same time providing a little more leg room for the rear seat.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I was a little miffed when a keyed set of doors showed up on Craigslist the day after I bought mine, but the truth is I've got too many different keys already and no good way to consolidate all of them. Ignition, glove box, console, bed box.

I'll also be relocating the rear seat so it squeezes the bed box against the tailgate; at the same time providing a little more leg room for the rear seat.
A good locksmith can key all of that stuff to one key.

I almost bought an 83 CJ-7 back in the mid 90's that the owner had keyed the doors and glovebox to use the ignition key.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I got my door locks re-keyed for $15. I like to lock my doors when I'm out so they are not easily removed by someone else.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Put in 7hrs straight today drilling and placing rivnuts, maybe 50 in total. Probably another 50 more to go tomorrow and Monday. Broke two mandrels and have to wait on replacements.

Two important notes on the tub - the tailgate bracket holes, as someone else mentioned, were off anywhere from 1/4-1/2". Most of the dash holes were good too, except for the two bottom/side holes. Had to wallow those out to get them to line up.

Everything else has been more or less as expected. Dimensions seem pretty good, doors and tailgate are square. Pretty happy overall.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Another day, a little closer. Just another 20 or so nuts to place. Get the shoulder belt holes drilled, some capture nuts placed for the rear seat, and a few other odds and ends.

Got everything set for the fender flares, running boards, mud flaps, tonneau and half top.

MVIMG_20190712_115358.jpg

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Looks great!! It's going to take some time to for me to change my mental picture of your scrambler from blue to bronze....

:woot:

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Looks great, everything but the burnt orange color. But then again, I'm partial to a dark red, some would call it maroon. :cheers: