• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What are these?

TexAg98

Scrambler Fan
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
McKinney
State
TX
New to me Scrambler. Trying to identify what accessories PO would have used these rollbar attachment for?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8941.jpeg
    IMG_8941.jpeg
    834.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8940.jpeg
    IMG_8940.jpeg
    772.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8939.jpeg
    IMG_8939.jpeg
    782.7 KB · Views: 29
I don’t have a Scrambler but it might be for a bow for the top, and maybe a specialty top like some type of bikini ? Just spitballing.
 
Yep, looks like a home-brew sunshade for the rear seat, using boat hardware. That's a pretty good idea!

Can we get a wider shot of the roll bar cover? I've never actually seen one on a Scrambler, and that one looks really nice. :cheers:
 
New to me Scrambler. Trying to identify what accessories PO would have used these rollbar attachment for?
I would guess they had a soft cover the went from the roll bar towards the back with an angle support to a rear bar that strapped down to the back of the bed.
 
Yep, looks like a home-brew sunshade for the rear seat, using boat hardware. That's a pretty good idea!

Can we get a wider shot of the roll bar cover? I've never actually seen one on a Scrambler, and that one looks really nice. :cheers:
Yeah it is really nice. But I can’t figure out why PO seems to have glued it to the roll bar. It has zippers but the pulls were removed and it was sewed shut as if to be permanent. Really caused a problem when I needed to install the nutserts for the seatbelt install. Had to cut through it 😞. Here are some more pics.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8954.jpeg
    IMG_8954.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8957.jpeg
    IMG_8957.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8956.jpeg
    IMG_8956.jpeg
    833.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8955.jpeg
    IMG_8955.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
I guess they wanted to give the rear passengers some shade? The use of a small boat canopy would probably work pretty well. Odd that they would sow up the zippers, maybe it didn't want to stay zipped? Interesting setup. (y)

Personally I would have just taken off the hard top and put on a full soft top. Maybe they had kids and didn't want to hear them screwing off back there. It would suck for the rear seat in the rain though. :LOL:
 
Back
Top