certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I learned today that you can make blueberry waffles... not just for pancakes anymore!
We had a great crop of blueberries and this past week they were a little on the smaller size so they were perfect to fit in between the squares on waffle griddle...

cb

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Try something called Blue Berry Buckel. It is a BB coffee cake. Something my wife has been making for years. OMG. Double the amount of BBs recommended !

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I got a charcoal smoker for Father’s day to replace my electric smoker that bit the dust. So I have had a brisket, multiple ribs (baby back and spare) and pork shoulder since then. These are the most recent (no brisket shown.

Loving my Weber Smokey Mountain

Attachments

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I got a charcoal smoker for Father’s day to replace my electric smoker that bit the dust. So I have had a brisket, multiple ribs (baby back and spare) and pork shoulder since then. These are the most recent (no brisket shown.

Loving my Weber Smokey Mountain
How would you compare this to the electric one?
Would the electric be a good beginners one?

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
My brother has the Weber SM and likes it. A friend of mine has a Traeger and produced the best ribs on it I've ever had. Just melted in my mouth. Have to admit he is not a professional, but is good enough to be on TV a few times because he is good. :shrug:

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
How would you compare this to the electric one?
Would the electric be a good beginners one?

I liked my electric for the ease of use. And I never had a bad piece of meat from it. But the flavor and smoke from the WSM charcoal smoker is definitely noticeable. It does take a little more attention to keep the temps regulated, but the fact that there are no electrical parts to fail (like I had on my masterbuilt) is a huge bonus. I am just getting used to this guy to be honest, but the ribs and brisket were amazing. I won’t go back.

But as to your question about a beginner, yes, I think the electric was great. I even thought about getting a pellet smoker as a replacement, but they have electrical hoppers and I don’t want to rely on power anymore.

Last edited:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I'm a Weber / charcoal guy myself. I have 3 different sizes Webers and can do just about everything I want with them. More work but better flavor. I do have a charcoal smoker that I have and have used for more than 35 years I break out once in a while

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Now you are talking. Had some wild caught shrimp this weekend myself. So many ways to cook them. Been more than 50 years since I had real scallops. Actually caught in a shrimp boat trawling. Just melted in your mouth

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Decided to smoke some burgers today. Threw in a rack of ribs too. Made too many burger patties so I put some on the grill for comparison. Hands down, the smoked burgers were the best I have ever made. May never grill them again.

Attachments

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Did a couple briskets, thick pork chops, a 4 rib dino rib plate and some chicken quarters on Saturday. Got protein for a while now! This is how is it started at 12:45 Saturday morning.

it 118840121_3299646066737982_315774942129215028_o (1).jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Glad one of those black bears didn't break in around 5am and grab a snack. A good friend who's property backs up against the GSMN Park has been sending video of one coming through his yard.

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Glad one of those black bears didn't break in around 5am and grab a snack. A good friend who's property backs up against the GSMN Park has been sending video of one coming through his yard.
Been here 16 years and only seen a bear once, about a mile away and that was 9 years ago or so...

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Been having a beef standing rib roast probably a little to long, but it was vacuum sealed so still good in the freezer. Been raining a couple of days here because of another tropical system so decided to just cook in the oven. Came out medium rare and was delicious. Roasted some potatoes with it also and had some fresh cooked carrots also. Before and after pictures. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Man the beef was good, but I love me some chicken andouille gumbo ! I like it slightly better with smoked turkey. I'll bring the rice !