• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What did you get for Christmas?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I got a cool hot chocolate mug
05bec996e066f035b9895a94268ef1e3-1.jpg

And a tiny lithium ion jump pack. Will probably try it out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-J320P

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Nothing Jeep related 🙁

Yup, here too. Christmas has become about the kids, us old folks just watch them enjoy.
I did get 5 22OZ beers, 1 Hard Cider, a bottle opener, and a bathrobe. It all strangely goes together.

Can't help but mention the bottle Secret Santy here got me... Put that to good use over the holidays.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I got a cold from my nephew and some pajama pants from my mother. But I bought myself a nice CJ7 in June and a Texas Scrambler in August. And I got a smoking deal on the two rusty J series trucks the one that caught the mouse in its tailgate and the other one to donate its motor to the wrecker. And I got myself a nice Jeep sign in GA, hit up 4 jeep shows, and went on a few good road trips... but Christmas , not so much, just happy to be alive, eat well, and see my family, and get away from the jeeps for just a little bit [emoji319][emoji482]

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
I got a bottle of ten year Bulleit Bourbon from my brother in a name pull gift exchange.

The other "gift" I am getting is after the first of the year I am sending my Gerstner & Sons machinist box I picked earlier this year down to an expert in FL for resto. Vintage machinist chests have their own cult following as do most things. The one I found is in about as rough shape as you can find and still want to try and salvage it. The back corner in one side is let loose joint wise, but because of how early it is, it really needs to be preserved.

baa9aee161c2c5b11f4072026014089f-1.jpg

5286260d08cd67d614009494c432a11f-1.jpg

d37600cf0fc4fb2bb7a7594194e76deb-1.jpg

60b5ee21b2fb3d96360b1710e7bb096f-1.jpg

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
100_1320.jpg

Girl friend bought this for me. She is the best. A little Christmas morning wheeling.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
My sammich maker is taking me to Cancun. Unfortunately I have to wait a couple of months.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I got a bottle of ten year Bulleit Bourbon from my brother in a name pull gift exchange.

The other "gift" I am getting is after the first of the year I am sending my Gerstner & Sons machinist box I picked earlier this year down to an expert in FL for resto. Vintage machinist chests have their own cult following as do most things. The one I found is in about as rough shape as you can find and still want to try and salvage it. The back corner in one side is let loose joint wise, but because of how early it is, it really needs to be preserved.

baa9aee161c2c5b11f4072026014089f-1.jpg

5286260d08cd67d614009494c432a11f-1.jpg

d37600cf0fc4fb2bb7a7594194e76deb-1.jpg

60b5ee21b2fb3d96360b1710e7bb096f-1.jpg

Revho,

I think I have that exact tool chest/machinist box at the house. My grandfather was a machinist and I have inherited a bunch of tools and the box that he once used. I knew the tools may be valuable, but never realized that the box might be too.

Where can I go to find out more about them?

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Ogres,

Gerstner & Sons has a forum but has a lot less activity than here. There are a couple very knowledgable people there ad well as a Gerstner employee on the forum that can look at archive stuff for memebers. Gerstner is still in business today in Ohio making chests as well as selling replacement parts. They also have subforums on the page for similar makers of the era like Pilliod, Star, Union, and others.

http://www.gerstnerforum.com

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
2fdc8b8446043217676b88baf6fb389f-1.jpg

I didn't have a good full size primary vice; and did get what looks to be a pretty nice one!

neilconnolly79

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Mankato
State
MN
the Wifey got us a pair of tickets to the upcoming Craft Brew Expo with early admission (6 hrs instead of 4) :cheers:

I bought myself an accessory for the yard tractor
Husquvarna.jpg

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Ogres,

Gerstner & Sons has a forum but has a lot less activity than here. There are a couple very knowledgable people there ad well as a Gerstner employee on the forum that can look at archive stuff for memebers. Gerstner is still in business today in Ohio making chests as well as selling replacement parts. They also have subforums on the page for similar makers of the era like Pilliod, Star, Union, and others.

http://www.gerstnerforum.com

Thank you very much with some direction.

I appreciate it!

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I bought 2 CJ7's and a Wrangler YJ tub with a bunch of parts.

I got new boots and new carhart garage clothes/supplies, so that will be good for the winter.
All in all, happy to be done with 2016 and look forward to 2017!

Happy New Year all!

cb

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Got some new tools!
39cd32d654871185cb50517e918d6345-1.jpg

M18 fuel?
I got some of those a couple years ago and love them!!! Keep your eyes peeled on CL. You may find someone who is selling batteries for them cheap. Those are the worst expense of the tools.

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
My dad's Sheridan Blue-Streak, which he bought new when he was 13 years old (1960). I learned all my shooting basics with this air rifle, and now that I'm teaching my grand-kids to shoot, he's decided it's time to pass the torch! This is awesome... they don't make them like this anymore!

xmas - 2.jpg

... AND my grandpa's Winchester Model 42 (made in 1937). The first time my grandpa took me pheasant hunting (I was 12 years old), he brought this .410 for me to use. I got three pheasants that day, and I was hooked! I sure miss him, he passed away in '15 at the age of 91 (and we hunted ducks together until he was 90). Now that this shotgun is mine, I'll teach my grandchildren to hunt with it as well.

xmas - 1.jpg

Happy new year! :usflag:

Last edited: