• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

World Cab, road trip?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Anybody up for a road trip to get a world cab?

Llanero

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I think I would wait until the revolution is over before going !

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I’ll ride shotgun?

Would need to ride WITH a few shotguns.

Would make an interesting trip to fly down buy a Llanero and drive back through central America. Crossing fingers that you actually make it back.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
For a second I though you were coming to see me

That is always an option, but this Llanero top is for the short bus. Gotta have options for those special people too.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow. The construction and detail on all of that is nothing at all like the World Cabs on the Postals or Overlanders. Would be interesting to see one in person.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Their might be quite a few people leaving Venezuela and coming this way. Maybe you could get one of them to transport your parts. :unsure:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Wow. The construction and detail on all of that is nothing at all like the World Cabs on the Postals or Overlanders. Would be interesting to see one in person.

BW, does this one make you feel better?

Screenshot_20190503-111340_Chrome~2.jpg

Wrangler

The difference is the Llareno vs the Llanero II. Llanero II has the "world cab" while the original has a unique design that from what I can tell was only used in south america.

Last edited:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Their might be quite a few people leaving Venezuela and coming this way. Maybe you could get one of them to transport your parts. :unsure:

How mad would Trump be if you bought each of them a Jeep Llanero, paid their food and fuel bill to get them here, and in return they handed you the keys once they crossed the border? Then let them chase the american dream...

Hmmm, sound like a new import opportunity.

With NAFTA, they should be able to drive it right into Texas.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
You can't go by the official currency converters on this. Read up on the Black Market cash exchange their to get a better idea. There are a LOT of hands that need to be greased to get one of these out of Vz these days. Assuming you can get a decent contact down there. I used to have about a dozen. Three I know for sure have died. Six others have gone completely silent.

I do have a spare World Cab if someone is truly interested. From Australia. But it's not cheap.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Interesting that about half the barn doors open left to right and the other half open right to left down in Venezuela on the ones I have seen. All the vehicles are LHD, so no rhyme or reason for why the barn doors are different.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Oh boy. I have talked to importers in Miami that have people on the ground through Central and South America. Nobody will do anything with Venezuela. And that was before this week's events.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Let’s continue to keep politics off the forum.

Cool pic of one, but it does not appeal to me at all. Maybe it’s the angle but that window is way too large imo.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
That is the same height as the 8’s world cab window. It just looks taller due to the shorter 7 cab.

Also find it interesting that they call all the 8’s CJ-7’s. Even a lot of the ‘yj’s’ are 7’s.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
I saw a legit World Cab from a 7 when I was in Aruba in November, but it was installed on a TJ. I tried to get pics, but it was always last-second on the road. Thinking about it, the top probably came from Venezuela.