• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

10 year picture challenge.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Right? I was suprised too a while ago when he mentioned it in some thread about places our 8s had been registered. Very cool.

I want to know where else in Europe he drove it.
I ordered it from Toledo in '84, while stationed in Germany. Picked it up in Alabama when I transferred there. Then took it to Italy.
I drove along the coast a lot, great scuba diving on the West coast. I lived in Livorno for 3 years, 20 minutes from the leaning tower & 1 block in from the Italian Riviera. I was an MP in the Army. Once had an Italian police chief offer to buy it for 10 grand, in '88.
I also drove it to (sp?) Czebet France, to a biker rally. Carried all the gear for my buds.
Drove it cross country (2.5 hours lol) to Aviano, Italy air base to get a bag of 2 dozen whoppers for my squad. Yes, the things you do when you're on a really small military base Lmao.

Edited to add, I still have every plate it's been registered to 🙂

I'll pull some more pics out if you'd like.
Gotta take pics of them 1st

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
I'm pretty sure it's about a 10 year interval here.
View attachment 109590
View attachment 109591
And.......the rust is coming back. I'm so sick of it. I really don't care if people frown on fiberglass. I am seriously considering it. Aquallu was another great option. But that isn't in my budget this year and from what I understand they are closing up shop. 😔 This thing is already a Frankenstein so originality isn't important to me on this one. It's my summer daily driver.
What are your thoughts on the snaps for the bed cover? I have an original nutmeg one but never could bring myself to drilling all those holes.
I wish I could find an adequate rail system for it

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
What are your thoughts on the snaps for the bed cover? I have an original nutmeg one but never could bring myself to drilling all those holes.
I wish I could find an adequate rail system for it
For me, It never bothered me putting in all the snaps for a top or an original tonneau cover. It's what they did at the dealers when they were new. So to me, it's "correct" if that makes sense. So drill away!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I ordered it from Toledo in '84, while stationed in Germany. Picked it up in Alabama when I transferred there. Then took it to Italy.
I drove along the coast a lot, great scuba diving on the West coast. I lived in Livorno for 3 years, 20 minutes from the leaning tower & 1 block in from the Italian Riviera. I was an MP in the Army. Once had an Italian police chief offer to buy it for 10 grand, in '88.
I also drove it to (sp?) Czebet France, to a biker rally. Carried all the gear for my buds.
Drove it cross country (2.5 hours lol) to Aviano, Italy air base to get a bag of 2 dozen whoppers for my squad. Yes, the things you do when you're on a really small military base Lmao.

Edited to add, I still have every plate it's been registered to 🙂

I'll pull some more pics out if you'd like.
Gotta take pics of them 1st
Yes ! I’m sure we would all like to see pics of it cruising in the Italian scenery!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
At the rate I’m going my next 10 year will look like my 1/2022 year post..