• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

10 year picture challenge.

Right? I was suprised too a while ago when he mentioned it in some thread about places our 8s had been registered. Very cool.

I want to know where else in Europe he drove it.
I ordered it from Toledo in '84, while stationed in Germany. Picked it up in Alabama when I transferred there. Then took it to Italy.
I drove along the coast a lot, great scuba diving on the West coast. I lived in Livorno for 3 years, 20 minutes from the leaning tower & 1 block in from the Italian Riviera. I was an MP in the Army. Once had an Italian police chief offer to buy it for 10 grand, in '88.
I also drove it to (sp?) Czebet France, to a biker rally. Carried all the gear for my buds.
Drove it cross country (2.5 hours lol) to Aviano, Italy air base to get a bag of 2 dozen whoppers for my squad. Yes, the things you do when you're on a really small military base Lmao.

Edited to add, I still have every plate it's been registered to 🙂

I'll pull some more pics out if you'd like.
Gotta take pics of them 1st
 
I'm pretty sure it's about a 10 year interval here.
View attachment 109590
View attachment 109591
And.......the rust is coming back. I'm so sick of it. I really don't care if people frown on fiberglass. I am seriously considering it. Aquallu was another great option. But that isn't in my budget this year and from what I understand they are closing up shop. 😔 This thing is already a Frankenstein so originality isn't important to me on this one. It's my summer daily driver.
What are your thoughts on the snaps for the bed cover? I have an original nutmeg one but never could bring myself to drilling all those holes.
I wish I could find an adequate rail system for it
 
What are your thoughts on the snaps for the bed cover? I have an original nutmeg one but never could bring myself to drilling all those holes.
I wish I could find an adequate rail system for it
For me, It never bothered me putting in all the snaps for a top or an original tonneau cover. It's what they did at the dealers when they were new. So to me, it's "correct" if that makes sense. So drill away!
 
I ordered it from Toledo in '84, while stationed in Germany. Picked it up in Alabama when I transferred there. Then took it to Italy.
I drove along the coast a lot, great scuba diving on the West coast. I lived in Livorno for 3 years, 20 minutes from the leaning tower & 1 block in from the Italian Riviera. I was an MP in the Army. Once had an Italian police chief offer to buy it for 10 grand, in '88.
I also drove it to (sp?) Czebet France, to a biker rally. Carried all the gear for my buds.
Drove it cross country (2.5 hours lol) to Aviano, Italy air base to get a bag of 2 dozen whoppers for my squad. Yes, the things you do when you're on a really small military base Lmao.

Edited to add, I still have every plate it's been registered to 🙂

I'll pull some more pics out if you'd like.
Gotta take pics of them 1st
Yes ! I’m sure we would all like to see pics of it cruising in the Italian scenery!
 
At the rate I’m going my next 10 year will look like my 1/2022 year post..
 
Back
Top