• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

82 UK Spec Laredo Scrambler Build No 2

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
Okay this Jeep was stripped down quite a bit so lets play where does this part go?.
Big plastic part goes under the fuel tank i assume but where does the smaller one go? is it just to stop the band over the top rubbing on the fuel tank?

20200526_200210_resized.jpg

Dave The Sparky

City
Halifax
State
UK
Now i am home i found it in the parts manual, the big one underneath and just the 1 smaller one that goes on the front.
Item 15 on the parts diagram is a Diesel label, i bet they are an incredibly rare item to find.

Untitled.png

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
That little one goes on top between the strap and petrol tank. See pics of mine before and after I pulled the tank. Mine just had one large and one small.

Attachments

• 20190924_114343.jpg
    20190924_114343.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190926_180455.jpg
    20190926_180455.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 13

Dave The Sparky

City
Halifax
State
UK
Thanks everyone my blue scrambler came with no skid plate or fuel tank so i had no idea they even existed before yesterday!.

Dave The Sparky

City
Halifax
State
UK
Got some back from the sandblasters and thought the fueltank wouldnt mind either so more paint getting slopped on!

20200528_201645.jpg20200528_201701.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Looking good! I had to scrap the idea for the fiberglass tub out of the hot tub... I don't know if "hot pink gel coat" is my color scheme I am trying to go for... I figured more of a late 70's early 80's vintage vibe :)

cb

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
What says "late 70s early 80s vintage vibe" better than a pink hot tub....?

Dave The Sparky

City
Halifax
State
UK
What says "late 70s early 80s vintage vibe" better than a pink hot tub....?

I could keep all my parts the pink primer colour just like the SAS Desert Land Rovers AKA "The Pink Panther" :unsure:?

land-rover-4x4-sas-special-forces-pink-panther-military-vehicle-at-CWGGTY.jpg

Dave The Sparky

City
Halifax
State
UK
Hilux needed its 40,000 mile service so had a few hours spare time to paint the chassiis with a couple of coats need to flip it over and do the top once thats dry and then go back and catch all the bits i have missed.

My CJ6 looks like to be enjoying this rebuild too!

20200601_155215.jpg