certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
You are correct, you can't go anymore stripped down than that... looking good, you are getting more done than I am these days!
Keep up the good work... I hope to be back on my stuff this week.

cb

City
Halifax
State
UK
Also found the stamped number on the chassis, easily found when you know where to look although typically AMC the person doing the stamping was a bit random with the positioning of the stamps, either that or they must had been to the local brewery for lunch.

20200523_120424_resized.jpg

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Love your work mate. It's coming along nicely now.

Does Motor Rego in the UK require an engineering certificate for engine swaps? In Australia that's often the hardest part of the entire project. That's one of the things I love most about living in America; so much less red tape.

Last edited:
City
Halifax
State
UK
Love your work mate. It's coming along nicely now.

Does Motor Rego in the UK require an engineering certificate for engine swaps? In Australia that's often the hardest part of the entire project. That's one of the things I love most about living in America, so much less red tape.
Thank you juggling 3 kids, 3 Jeeps and working for yourself means my time is always a bit limited!.

Our motor regs are not quite as free and easy as the States as you do need an engineers report to update the owners log book for a change of engine and thats any engine even the same type as the engine number is on the logbook, but its not rigorously enforced.
There is a points system to prevent really modified vehicles (when that Jeep becomes a space frame buggy!) being on the road without an engineers report but so long as the chassis, the general mechanical bits and the basic body shape remain then its not normally an issue.

The most important thing is to keep the insurance up to date of any modifications to the vehicle so they cannot reject any claims but vehicles like the Scrambler are normally on a classic car policy and therefore 90% of classic cars are cosseted and looked after and they know this so its not really a big issue. to insurers.
We have an annual inspection as well to prove a vehicle is roadworthy so that maybe helps a bit too.

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Sounds pretty similar to South Australia although they are getting significantly more pedantic as time goes by. The random safety stops are what can really ruin your day.

A mate of mine replaced his driver's floor panel but never got a compliance certificate. He was stopped at a random and when the inspector saw the welds from below he decided it affected the bulkhead/ firewall and impounded his Land Cruiser. It took him months to get his ute back. Silly.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Sounds pretty similar to South Australia although they are getting significantly more pedantic as time goes by. The random safety stops are what can really ruin your day.

A mate of mine replaced his driver's floor panel but never got a compliance certificate. He was stopped at a random and when the inspector saw the welds from below he decided it affected the bulkhead/ firewall and impounded his Land Cruiser. It took him months to get his ute back. Silly.
If Michigan had random inspections or even yearly, half the vehicles would be sidelined.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Looking good... you are beating me these days... I am busy ripping out a hot tub and fixing the gaping hole in the floor and re-tiling everything... not exactly how I wanted to spend my long weekend, but got a lot done.

I hope to jump back on the Scrambler Truck soon... you are giving me some motivation!

cb