• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Alaskan Postal Scrambler/World Cab - count/registry - help build the list

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Sorry, I'm not sure why they are posting as attachments. :huh:
This is the first time it's ever happened. At least I got them oriented properly.

Ambcj

Basic User
City
Sydney ,au
State
Ns
That's ok , but thank you. Have a great new year
Go Bruins 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Ambcj

Basic User
City
Sydney ,au
State
Ns
Thank you , with the camper it was a write off damage
I cut the front end off and doors welded the a square front
end then welded the tow hitch with the full back half chassis
With diff and springs , soft top and it's so stable .

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
As Eric Walton and I talked at Sandblast I remembered our Postal is a drive train of one and the body/top of another. So checking VIN’s, the body and firewall vins match ending in 9717. The frame VIN has underbody coating on it. After 15 min or so with a wire brush I can see the last 4 of the VIN being 970? Possibly 2? So I can account for 2 of the 230.

Attachments

• C463D6D9-7E7D-4BA5-9AA3-D7AB5610A829.jpeg
    C463D6D9-7E7D-4BA5-9AA3-D7AB5610A829.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 13

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
We were also told of another Postal in MI that was up near Traverse City. The owner sold the top and doors off and turned it into a monster mudbogger a number of years ago.

wimps81096

CJ-8 Member
City
white lake
State
MI
Bought and sold (still kicking myself for this but $ was short back then) a world cab top and doors. The guy was just outside of Traverse City, Michigan. He had the rig in his driveway and made it a pretty significant rock crawler. The story was that it had been used in Toledo as a runabout in the factory and he bought it when it closed.

Wish I still had his number so I could get the vin. Maybe I'll find it someday.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Bought and sold (still kicking myself for this but $ was short back then) a world cab top and doors. The guy was just outside of Traverse City, Michigan. He had the rig in his driveway and made it a pretty significant rock crawler. The story was that it had been used in Toledo as a runabout in the factory and he bought it when it closed.

Wish I still had his number so I could get the vin. Maybe I'll find it someday.

Pretty sure a guy posted some pics of those world cab runabouts on Facebook the other day. I'll link this thread to it and vice versa.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/282...al_surface=direct_link&availability=available

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Pretty sure a guy posted some pics of those world cab runabouts on Facebook the other day. I'll link this thread to it and vice versa.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/282805835452537/for_sale_search/?forsalesearchtype=all&query=toledo\&referral_surface=direct_link&availability=available
Scott didn’t mention that detail when I was talking to him about it or else I would have brought up those pics too. Crazy I’d never heard about them and then there’s two unrelated mentions/sightings in a couple weeks. :eek:

Edit: I just realized that this makes this not a Postal and not RHD.

Scott, did it have windows in it?

For the historic value and since it’s the first I’ve seen these ever come up in 16 years of this forum, I did a screen grab of the pics off FB because the link didn’t work well.

NOTE: these photos are copyright Jason Quinn from the Mark Quinn collection from where they were posted on the Project Survivor CJ group on Facebook.

Attachments

• 663CFAF5-0EFE-458B-9A41-DC86BBABEC89.jpeg
    663CFAF5-0EFE-458B-9A41-DC86BBABEC89.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
"Sure boss, If I have to go, I'll take the Laredo LH drive Overlander over to the other building and get the parts...."

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Speaking of this, Badco has decided to sell his two postals. I just bumped the thread where I introduced him. I also told him that he needs to advertise them here for a quick sale.