• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Another - Reintroduction!

ElDee

SC N8IV
City
Suwanee
State
GA
ElDee here.... I was prompted to post after seeing there were some other "old timers" returning. I joined in 2005, and had a long torturous relationship with a Jeep restoration facility - I don't believe they are in the Jeep restoration business any longer. I've enjoyed my Scrambler, but there are a variety of half-assed efforts on the original build. My wife would kill me for asking this question, but, here goes: Anyone have an exceptional experience working with a restoration facility in the Southeast? Alternatively, any shops to stay away from (feel free to PM me). I am the mall crawler type - happy to take the arrows (not the first time). So I would be looking to replace the engine, wiring and otherwise mostly cosmetics. I have some questions about build spec recommendations I will post elsewhere.

Thanks for maintaining the site while I was away almost everything I know about Jeeps, while not much, came from this site. Great resource I have enjoyed and look forward to enjoying going forward.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
ElDee here.... I was prompted to post after seeing there were some other "old timers" returning. I joined in 2005, and had a long torturous relationship with a Jeep restoration facility - I don't believe they are in the Jeep restoration business any longer. I've enjoyed my Scrambler, but there are a variety of half-assed efforts on the original build. My wife would kill me for asking this question, but, here goes: Anyone have an exceptional experience working with a restoration facility in the Southeast? Alternatively, any shops to stay away from (feel free to PM me). I am the mall crawler type - happy to take the arrows (not the first time). So I would be looking to replace the engine, wiring and otherwise mostly cosmetics. I have some questions about build spec recommendations I will post elsewhere.

Thanks for maintaining the site while I was away almost everything I know about Jeeps, while not much, came from this site. Great resource I have enjoyed and look forward to enjoying going forward.

Good to see another CJ owner in the north Atlanta area. Welcome back to the site.

My '82 is currently getting some work done at Trailworks 1 in Alpharetta. I am not sure 100% sure how good they are just yet, but I was pretty impressed with a bunch of their projects that they were working on at the shop. They definitely know CJ's as well as the newer Jeeps.

Here is the contact info below.

Jeffrey Nesbitt

Autoworks1 / Trailworks1
770-663-3939
5290 Atlanta Highway Alpharetta, GA 30004

My Scrambler is getting a new carb, replaced power steering, replace brake booster, exhaust, and shocks. I know the guys there can handle anything you may need.

Good luck!

cw05

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Augusta
State
GA
In order of proximity to you: I've heard good things but have not used CCOR (Classic City Off Road) in Athens. I've personally had great experiences with Clemson 4wd in Clemson, SC and Freedom 4wd in Charlotte, NC

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Clemson 4WD is owned and was founded by an absolute Jeep legend, not knocking any other shop, but you need to consider them in your possible options for sure.

Welcome back!!