• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Anybody have an '86?

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Just wondering if anybody has one of the ever-elusive '86 Scramblers. Supposedly they exist, but does anybody on the board have one, or know someone who does?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but a search didn't really turn up anything.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Never seen or heard of one myself... but I wanted to post on this thread so I get alerted if anyone ever does post about one! :D

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Nothing here, either. Since I have been into Scramblers (2 yrs.), I have never seen a legitimate one on eBay, either.

Craig

Cj8er

nutzfor8s
City
Jefferson
State
GA
Saw one in St.Petersburg, FL last year. It was at a jeep carlot on Hwy# 41 for sale, but owner of lot was smart enough to sell it as one-owner so he sold it as a consignement sale so buyer could be 2nd owner. It was owned by a retiree, garage kept but had some mods done to it; Aftermarket radio, dual exhaust, hurst shifter on 3 speed, and gauges on dash. Fair amount of rust on side panels and in tub and in cab around edges, had bondo in front of drivers door where it had been wrecked in side. He was asking $10,000. my boss almost bought it cause he said he could take it to west coast and sell it for $20,000. as is. We did not see title but figured he'd be a fool to lie to us when we were right there. I went back in 2 weeks to just look at it again but it was sold, I was told someone from Collins Jeeps bought it.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Almost forgot about starting this thread :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys. Anybody else?

bigjeepnfool

Legacy Registered User
City
Milford
State
MA
Saw one for sale in Maine maybe 3 or so years ago. I called on it but it was gone.So still elusive if I didn't see it!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn

Chris had one documented 86 on his scrambler site and unforuntly it was broad sided and totaled in an accident............... :(

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
mulescj8 said:
Chris had one documented 86 on his scrambler site and unforuntly it was broad sided and totaled in an accident............... :(

That is the only one I have ever heard of. I think we need to make a permanant Sticky at the top. Maybe someone browsing will reply :D I would be satisfied with a sticker.

fisherman

Whew, was that you?
City
brunswick
State
md
I got an 1986!!! well sort of...if you average the age of the parts..'81 frame,'83 body,'95 motor you come up with 1986.33333 thats kinda close isn't it :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Panther

Scrambler Nut
City
Methuen
State
MA
The only one I know of was owned by John Jacott, I guess that's the one that was in the accident. He used to have a pic of it on his website but that was years ago. It was dark brown from what I remember

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
It makes you wonder if the 128 (IIRC) count for that year is truly the correct number. Scrambler forum...niche group of people...only one accounted for. Hmmmmm.

Craig

matnic

Scrambler-in-Progress
City
Rapid City
State
MI
Anybody contacted Collins Bros to see what they know? Never dealt with them myself, but I figure some of you that have may have an "in" to talk to someone in the know there...

Jeremy

Scrambler Fanatic
City
Carlisle
State
PA
I seem to remeber someone having a 1986

It was in their signiture as something similar to "1986 cj8 they do exist"

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Panther said:
The only one I know of was owned by John Jacott, I guess that's the one that was in the accident. He used to have a pic of it on his website but that was years ago. It was dark brown from what I remember

Yep i think he was the one...........seems like he was just running to the store down the road and a lady run a stop sign and totaled it........ :mad:

Otto

Boonie Basher
City
Tomah
State
WI
As I recall, someone in MN was rebuilding one last year & posted here.

If you apply the 3% rule to the 1986 numbers made then there are 3 or 4 stil out there.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
fisherman said:
I got an 1986!!! well sort of...if you average the age of the parts..'81 frame,'83 body,'95 motor you come up with 1986.33333 thats kinda close isn't it :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
1986CJ8 said:
Sorry I haven't contacted you guys sooner. I am the minnesotan with the 1986 cj8. I finished the resto spring of '05 then built a new house(been really busy). I'll give details later, I have to go to work right now but I will leave you some pics:
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/joetterer/gilbert 9-10-06/

Gotta run
Jason

Tease. :D Welcome to the site. We're anxious to learn more about your '86...particularly, I have questions about the VIN #.

Craig

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Isn't it Minnesoter? ;)

I love the board name... might as well put it right on out there and rub it in all of our faces :D :D :D

You do know we'll need proof, right :cool: ;) It'd be great to have one on the board!