• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Bad day for my LJ

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Considering most non rubicon LJs are listed for around $15k (or more) with 100k or more miles, that is not an alarming price if the frame is not damaged.

Real question is how much are they offering to “total” it out. If anything less than $20k, I’d ask them to find an equal replacement with similar miles in lieu of a cash offer. I bet they would increase the offer after a request like that.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Considering most non rubicon LJs are listed for around $15k (or more) with 100k or more miles, that is not an alarming price if the frame is not damaged.

Real question is how much are they offering to “total” it out. If anything less than $20k, I’d ask them to find an equal replacement with similar miles in lieu of a cash offer. I bet they would increase the offer after a request like that.

My experience is that you have to bring the comps if you want to complain about the offer. The first instant I could manage after I had my accident in the Postal, I was printing off completed eBay sales and anything else I could find to give them.

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Glad she is ok. Hope you can get the ins crap worked out. worse case, buy it back. I bet you know how to fix it up!

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I’m guessing he’ll chime in....pretty sure he’s rebuilding it

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Dennis Collins just did a video on insurance and jeeps.

You spelled “did a Black Mountain commercial” wrong.

He didn’t even mention that you have to check with your insurer about off-road use for any stated value policy. Just because they write it doesn’t mean they’ll honor it without weaseling out by claiming you violated the “no off-road use” restriction.

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
Gold Member
Silver Member
City
Lewes
State
DE
You spelled “did a Black Mountain commercial” wrong.
:ROFLMAO: There's one in every crowd.
He didn’t even mention that you have to check with your insurer about off-road use for any stated value policy. Just because they write it doesn’t mean they’ll honor it without weaseling out by claiming you violated the “no off-road use” restriction.
You obviously don't know how it works.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
:ROFLMAO: There's one in every crowd.

You obviously don't know how it works.

Many stories out there of antique stated value policy claims being denied when they realized it was a modified Jeep.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Glad to hear your mom was ok and the other driver. Insurance companies never want to settle when you make out. Hope it works out. Did your mom get checked out anyways? She should. Good luck that's a great ride to keep if you can. I Jones about selling my 2004, but hated the auto. Drove me nuts. Six speed next time.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
What ever happened to the damaged LJ? Did you end up buying it back? The new one is a prime example of the LJ. I have never seen that color before on one. Had the sun rider in mine, loved it. So easy to pop that one open. Nice looking Jeep you got there mister.

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I have an LJR in that same color. That color green is not on the 06 brochure, but my window sticker calls it out as Jeep Green Metallic, IIRC. I think it is a standard 2007 color. Rare indeed, great find!(y)

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
It almost looked like the 2015 tank green, my favorite Jeep color. I painted my 46 that color and plan on painting my new 46 that color.