• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Becoming a Buckeye?

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Finalizing the contract details, but it looks like I'm going to be relocating to Ohio for a new job. Do we have any Ohioans on the forum?

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
RacinRudy is right in the middle.

So how are you going to move all of the Jeep stuff?

Carl

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Where in Ohio?

I was born and raised in the Youngstown area, where you gonna be at in Ohio. I have a friend south of Youngstown, (Lisbon), who builds rigs and wheels.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Between my attempts to be somewhat organized and our aborted move last year, most of my Jeep parts are already boxed up and labelled. I'll have to make a couple of trips with the trailer to get the rigs out there. It's about a 6 hour drive. Facility is located in Galion, but at this point I don't know where we'llpurchase a house...have to sort out school districts, taxes, etc. I'll be out there during the work week and home on the weekends until after the school year ends in June and we get the house sold.

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
I just looked it up and seems that Rudy will be about 1 hour south of you.

Also MarineOpLaw's folks are out in western part of the state, and his plan is to move out that way if he gets the wife and kids court stuff handled.

Carl

Kaiser8

Designer
City
Aurora
State
IL
Say it isn't so Rodney. Why would you want to leave this utopia??:rotfl:
Seriously, good for you. I can't wait to get out of here, except my move will be heading west. :cool:
Let me know if you need any help.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Ah, that's right...MarineOpLaw.

At some point we're supposed to open a smaller facility here and in Arizona, so I'll definitely be hauling a rig out west with me when I go out to setup the AZ facility. This works pretty well for me for at least the near future with my mom's alzheimers...puts me at about an 8 hour drive away, so I can get out to Jersey more often. Thanks for the offer, Mike, I probably will need some help.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
It's official...I had my exit interview after my shift ended Tuesday morning and I'm heading out to Ohio Wednesday morning to get started. I'm pretty darn excited...especially looking at the house/property prices.

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Rodney,
What do you do/who do you do it for? Just curious...

Good luck on the move. If you need a stopping place, let me know (I am not far off your path).
Enjoy...

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
good luck, congrats on the new job.

House prices are great, is your job buying your place in the relocation? I would have LOVED not having to deal with the drama of selling our place in NC in this market.

House prices are very droolworthy right now for dang sure...

Hazard

Basic User
City
Cleveland
State
OH
I'm in Cleveland and grew up in Columbus (also looking at a new job there now!).

PM me if I can help you out at all with areas to live in etc.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Sorry Thoma, haven't been online much. I'm the IT Manager for CTR Electronics Recycling. In a nutshell it was an existing business that just had a warehouse based operation that took in surplus/outdated/broken/whatever electronics (cell phones, batteries, computer equipment, etc) and demanufactured and recycled it selling off the separated components (we have two big conveyer fed shredders with optical and magnetic sorters) to vendors who then further process it for re-use. We basically came onboard to expand the operation to handle asset management and remarketing. So, in the 'old' days if they got a PC in, they separate it into plastics, metal and circuit boards and shred it. Now, we look to see if it has any value on the used market and if it does we audit & test it and resell it, but on a big scale. Think Prudential, etc replacing everyone's PC's every 2-3 years and needing to get rid of the old PC's. Think Best Buy, etc taking in tube-based non-digital TV's on trade toward digital flat-screens and needing to get rid of those old TV's. Think hospitals replacing older scanning equipment and 2nd & 3rd world countries needing equipment or parts or even hospitals here needing parts. That's where we come in.

Had a bunch of drama Wednesday/Thursday with the buyer's of our house (lender lied last week and told everyone that they had final loan approval...found out at 4:30 PM on Wednesday that they didn't and we were supposed to close at 10:00 AM on Thursday then close in Ohio at 9:00 AM Friday and the Ohio sellers need our money to close the deal on their new house...d-r-a-m-a) but it was finally all settled around 4:30 PM Thursday and we're set to close in IL on Tuesday and OH on Wednesday. Didn't get my shop, but got an awesome house on an awesome lot. Little over 2800 sq ft on a little over 5 acre wooded lot with a 1/4 mile long driveway leading up to it. When you pull up out front, all you see is a mailbox and the driveway...you can only see the house for a few seconds as you drive by if you're looking at the right time. 2x6 construction, brick & cedar, 4 bedrooms & 2.5 baths incl master suite w/jacuzzi & skylight, full basement, nice front porch, nice deck with built in benches along the railing. I couldn't touch a house like that in IL. My wife knows that she owes me a shop and has given me the all clear the moment that we have the finances to swing it...she'd like me to have it within a year. A few candids:

2631bellFRONTFARBACKSHOT.JPG

2631bellPORCH.JPG

2631bellDECK.jpg

2631bellWOODS2.jpg

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Cool company...I would like to talk with you more about it off line sometime.

Great house...I hate you:D ...

Not sure when you move/where you will drive across, but you are welcome to stop by for a bite/drink if you have time or are interested...
Thoma

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Nice looking place.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Congratulations on the find.

I had a visual of a new shop in that big open space of empty yard.

You are moving in to the hart of East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association country. I can help set you up with some local Jeep clubs if you are interested.

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Welcome to Ohio!
We may all be Buckeyes, but some of us are Bearcats, too.:D
Born and raised in Warren. Came to Cincy for college and never left.

Head East on 30 and it'll take you straight to 4wd Hardware (well, close enough)

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
twmattox said:
Cool company...I would like to talk with you more about it off line sometime.

Great house...I hate you:D ...

Not sure when you move/where you will drive across, but you are welcome to stop by for a bite/drink if you have time or are interested...
Thoma

Sure thing, Toma. I'll send you my phone number.

I still can't believe I just bought that puppy (closed this morning). Looks like the realtor finally pulled it off the web.

I got in around 1:00 this morning. The IL closing did not disappoint with more BS and delays...I should've been here around 7 PM yesterday...my wife was almost in tears she was so ticked off.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
MrBeep said:
I had a visual of a new shop in that big open space of empty yard.

You are moving in to the heart of East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association country. I can help set you up with some local Jeep clubs if you are interested.

I'd get shot if I put it there...that's the view from the deck. There's another large open area by the driveway/garage where it'll probably go.

Definitely interested in hooking up with some local clubs. Thanks.