Been a while since we had a Beer thread...

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Annnnnnnd the release of local legend from Founders Brewery on April first, Kentucky Breakfast Stout or KBS. This is a highly acclaimed small batch bourbon barrel aged for a year, with a yearly release. This is a extremely sought after local brew that you have to be here when the truck shows up at the store or be on a waiting list for a single bottle up to a four pack depending on how many cases are allotted to the store. I ended up with 22 bottles this year, of which my brother wants two. Here is my first of the year. It scores a 100 out of 100 on beer advocate.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/19960

It pours thick and black, has a brown head that clears and leaves oily on the glass. Creamy, strong tones of coffee, dark chocolate, and slight bourbon. 11.2%ABV. Truly world class.
That sounds amazing!

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Worked on the Jeep yesterday and put a new rail on the deck today. Feeling pretty accomplished so a new beer was in order! Mother's Brewing out of Springfield, MO...Imperial Three Blind Mice. http://mothersbrewing.com/
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
It's a 2012 JK color called crush orange or something like that. It's an 83 CJ7 I am doing for a guy here locally, not my color choice nor my choice of mods ;)

Bryanf

Legacy Registered User
City
Clarkesville
State
GA
Yuengling Bock Beer... D.G. Yuengling & Son; Pottsville, PA "America's Oldest Brewery - 1829"
:crazy:

IMG_0140.JPG

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Finally downloaded my phone pics... so here goes!

Sierra Nevada Belgian-style Abbey Quad brewed with plums. Talk about tasty, little bit of a sweet plum aftertaste. Great with pork chops (and mac n cheese)
phone files 4 10 13 306rs.jpg

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Keg replenishment today. Smuttynose IPA from New Hampshire, my favorite all around east coast IPA on draft.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365813459.288500.jpg

And first pour :thumbsup:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365813483.509771.jpg

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bell's Hopslam while painting out family room ceiling tonight.

smuttynose does great stuff.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Just had a tall and a pint at goose island, at Chicago airport en route to pick up the Jambo. This was their pale. The IPA is only in bottles. It's a good pale at 5%

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366226245.076413.jpg

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Having some Shock Top honey crisp apple wheat tonight. Never had an apple beer. It is OK. Gotta get used to it.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Shock Top is a fake microbrew put out by InBev, the foreign conglomerate that bought out Anheiser Busch/Budweiser to try and win back the market share that true microbrews have rightfully taken from them. InBev is ruining beer worldwide by buying out small family brands, cutting workers, cutting corners and swapping out recipes for cheaper ingredients. They're also threatening to pull their business from distributors that don't quit carrying true microbrews.

Search google for "businessweek InBev" for a great article that backs up everything I just said. Wikipedia has a list of the brands that InBev has bought up, it's enormous and will surprise you for sure. The next two brands up are Corona and supposedly they're moving into soda, targeting Pepsi.

Sorry about the rant, but they're passing Shock Top off as something other than what it is.