• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Belgian Scrambler?

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
I would like to know if there's any interest for my 1983 Belgian CJ8 scrambler with World Cab, it has been in my barn (dry) for over 20 years now, i bought it to drive it at a certain time but due to health problems i'll never be able to do so. Old jeeps like mine are not really wanted here in Europe and since it only has about 5000 miles, i'm not going to "give" it away...What would it be worth? Is there any interest in the USA? NO rust or whatever, it really is a barnfind, haha...

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Pictures would be helpful. I am sure there would be interest, more so if it was in the United States.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Beautiful rig! :drool: Definitely a LOT of interest, but importation might be a killer for most. I know it is for me...:(

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Lots of interest, me included. Send some more pics of the interior and engine bay. Let us know a little bit about the original color and anything else you can.

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
Well, i bought it from a German guy more than 2 decades ago, he didn't drove it almost ( less than 5000miles), it has a 4.2 liter/ 258CID with 5 speed. NO rust at all, i bought it to drive it when i would be on my pension...Never drove it :( . People around here are not really Jeepfans and though it is a unicum, there's not much interest or i would have to give it away, my health is deteriorating and i don't feel the lust anymore to put it on the road. I know there are only 2 of the in Belgium and mine is " as new"...never seen mud or speeding, i had lots of Dodges in my time..I just want to sell it for a good price and it should be possible to ship it to the States. stef-Overlander (3).jpgstef-Overlander (6).jpgstef-Overlander (5).jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Very cool... LHD as well... I was assuming RHD, but that is just because I guess I associate the top with RHD vs. LND.
Are the seats nutmeg under the covers?
I love the rear seats... this has really peaked my interest.

cb

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
Wow for once i am probably the closest to a CJ8 thats for sale its really not a good time to be traveling to have a look though!.
I suspect the US market will be willing to splash out far more Euros than i am wiling to anyway but good luck with the sale, lots more photos will help your cause!.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
But you have a huge advantage with the shipping costs.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Oh my... I think I had an accident! ? Seriously, that is amazing. I’m wondering if the aluminum floors in the back were there when you bought it, or did you install them. Obviously the dash is not stock, and stock would be preferable to me. Who am I kidding? No way could I ever afford this. But it’s fun to dream. I even have relatives in Germany. If only I had a lot of spare cash...

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
Just FYI for those thinking of the math... 1 Euro =1.12 US Dollars.

I'd love to know what the good price is that would buy it. Per forum rules, I'm pretty sure the forum moderators will require you to specify a price (can be a price plus best offer) if you are actively selling this Jeep.

Last edited:

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
Do I see sherwood green on that firewall or is it the light in the picture?

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Do the price rules apply to the regular forum topics? This is NOT in a for sale section.

I’ll wager that it will be sold without publicly disclosing the price. Just my :twocents:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Oh my... I think I had an accident! ? Seriously, that is amazing. I’m wondering if the aluminum floors in the back were there when you bought it, or did you install them. Obviously the dash is not stock, and stock would be preferable to me. Who am I kidding? No way could I ever afford this. But it’s fun to dream. I even have relatives in Germany. If only I had a lot of spare cash...

The cargo area looks more like a textured rug type thing than diamond plate. Wonder what the story is with the machine turned dash though.

I just want the rear jump seats. :drool:

I also wonder if this was a South American Jeep, or if was originally sold in the European Union.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
Do the price rules apply to the regular forum topics? This is NOT in a for sale section.

I’ll wager that it will be sold without publicly disclosing the price. Just my :twocents:

Good point..I honestly don't know. Sometimes they will move the thread to the appropriate section if they feel its off topic. I guess its up to the moderators to decide if this is a general interest post or a for sale post.