• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Belgian Scrambler?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
The cargo area looks more like a textured rug type thing than diamond plate. Wonder what the story is with the machine turned dash though.

I just want the rear jump seats. :drool:

I also wonder if this was a South American Jeep, or if was originally sold in the European Union.

Maybe that is a mat of some sort. Makes sense. I saw the bend up front and thought “Aluminum”. Plus I know there is textured aluminum in that pattern.

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
See it as an inquiry folks, i just wonder if it would sell overseas, one never knows.. i'm not looking for remarks, i just want to know if it could be sold in the States... and .. for what price. I learned a proverb in school; Multi sunt vocati, sed pauci vero electi. ;-)

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
The cargo area looks more like a textured rug type thing than diamond plate. Wonder what the story is with the machine turned dash though.

I just want the rear jump seats. :drool:

I also wonder if this was a South American Jeep, or if was originally sold in the European Union.
Originally sold in Europe, cargo area is aluminum plate, we have to install that here to avoid exuberant road taxes.
It was in the vehicle when i bought it.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Originally sold in Europe, cargo area is aluminum plate, we have to install that here to avoid exuberant road taxes.

Like the two door Defender 90's, the hard tops have no side windows, like a "panel delivery vehicle" :shrug:

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
See it as an inquiry folks, i just wonder if it would sell overseas, one never knows.. i'm not looking for remarks, i just want to know if it could be sold in the States... and .. for what price. I learned a proverb in school; Multi sunt vocati, sed pauci vero electi. ;-)

As always its worth whatever someone (or the few!) is willing to pay i would of thought the interest in Europe would be quite high or maybe its just me who likes CJ8s a bit too much.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Definit

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on that at all? Was it installed to designate it a "cargo" space instead of "human" space? Also, shouldn't the European spec have been a diesel? I'm naive to Overlanders/World Cabs, so forgive my ignorance, but I love the look of them.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I learned a proverb in school; Multi sunt vocati, sed pauci vero electi. ;-)
All it takes is one person with desire and funding. Unfortunately I am short on the second of the two. But thank you for answering my questions. As far as what it’s worth, I have no idea, but there are several well-verses Overland owners on here. My guess? 5000 miles, no rust, minimal modifications, and an Overlander- $50k
I am fairly confident that if it was offered for sale here, with plenty of pictures and a good write up- it would be gone in a flash.

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
All it takes is one person with desire and funding. Unfortunately I am short on the second of the two. But thank you for answering my questions. As far as what it’s worth, I have no idea, but there are several well-verses Overland owners on here. My guess? 5000 miles, no rust, minimal modifications, and an Overlander- $50k
I am fairly confident that if it was offered for sale here, with plenty of pictures and a good write up- it would be gone in a flash.
Thank You for your honest answer Randy .. I was told some time ago that in the USA prices would indeed range between 30- 50 K depending On the originality, The car was repainted and there is an aluminum plate (cargo-area) installed, those are the only modifications that are done, for the rest it is OEM..

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Thank You for your honest answer Randy .. I was told some time ago that in the USA prices would indeed range between 30- 50 K depending On the originality, The car was repainted and there is an aluminum plate (cargo-area) installed, those are the only modifications that are done, for the rest it is OEM..

For 30-50K plus the import fees you definitely will need to find the right person that absolutely has to have it.
I think it is amazing and would love to own it, but at that price, I am out.
You might want to contact Collins Brothers in TX to see if they are interested... they might have more ability to bring it in as they are a major Jeep place.

Good luck with the sale.

cb

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
Definit

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on that at all? Was it installed to designate it a "cargo" space instead of "human" space? Also, shouldn't the European spec have been a diesel? I'm naive to Overlanders/World Cabs, so forgive my ignorance, but I love the look of them.

Laws are strange over here, The plate is installed to make it sort of cargo-area but in some counties you can place people in it as it is a pre-1987 vehicle..(understand who can understand) Strange, like most laws here in the European Union. Diesel? No, you don't find diesels in vehicles from that era except for aircraft-tugs who had a Nissan Dieselengine in them.

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
For 30-50K plus the import fees you definitely will need to find the right person that absolutely has to have it.
I think it is amazing and would love to own it, but at that price, I am out.
You might want to contact Collins Brothers in TX to see if they are interested... they might have more ability to bring it in as they are a major Jeep place.

Good luck with the sale.

cb

Thx CB, i don't want the maximum for it and shipping wouldn't cost that much, but like i have said; i'm not going to give it away, otherwise it would be gone allready, the Worldcab only would go more than 4000$ for an original...Let's hope the right guy shows up and Belgium is a nice country to visit when that Corona thing is over.. So where are the die-hards ;-)

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
@Moparstefke , you have a very nice Worldcab, here is one that was very original and sold for around $40K I believe, it was in mint condition with no modifications other than the engine. https://www.cj-8.com/threads/new-guy-with-and-interesting-find-overlander-build.28202/page-4
Good luck in your sale, I hope you get top dollar

Thx man, i would be happy if i succeeded in that. I know alot more now ! If you have a candidate ;-) ... I'm going to check your link for sure, again thx !

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Thx man, i would be happy if i succeeded in that. I know alot more now ! If you have a candidate ;-) ... I'm going to check your link for sure, again thx !

Sure looks like a solid Jeep. I'm not sure what the true value is, but you might look at this thread: https://www.cj-8.com/threads/for-sale-cj-8-overlander-world-cab-us25-000-melbourne-australia.50273/
I think this is the last Overlander to come up for sale here. It was listed for $25K US and surprisingly didn't sell as quickly as I thought it would, if it's even sold at all.:shrug:

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
Diesel? No, you don't find diesels in vehicles from that era except for aircraft-tugs who had a Nissan Dieselengine in them.

I will just butt in and interupt this thread for correctness as there were Diesel Isuzu engines installed in ones from the factory, i have only ever come across one though a CJ7 which it appears is sadly no longer on the road, Brochure front below is from the Netherlands.
You may carry on now... :LOL:

Jeep-CJ-Diesel-1980-USA-Market-Foldout-Sales.jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
It would fetch a nice price here, there is no doubt, but not being able to touch it, check it out in person is a little scary for some because of the surprise factor of what might pop up from not taking a good look in person. But there are people who price is no object, who would not blink at grabbing it. Someone will !

Moparstefke

City
Kortessem
State
BE
It would fetch a nice price here, there is no doubt, but not being able to touch it, check it out in person is a little scary for some because of the surprise factor of what might pop up from not taking a good look in person. But there are people who price is no object, who would not blink at grabbing it. Someone will !
I'm an honest guy Belizeit, i don't really need money but ofcourse i can tell what i want...The vehicle will leave here fully inspected and running flawless. We'll see.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
:headbang: Didn't realize it was running. That's a big thing ! Would love to do it myself :cheers: