• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Bigwalton - 11,282 posts

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
As i was reading one of Eric's posts, I saw that he is now up to 11,282 posts........and I pause now for just a minute to genuflect :bow: to a true jeep aficionado.

He lists a join date of May 2002, which for sake of keeping this simple is 8 years from our current period of May 2010. 8 years x 365 days is 2,920 days. That's on average 3.9 posts per day.............every day.............for 8 years.

- I'm sick in bed with the flu - it's a 4 post day
- I'm sick and afraid to leave the commode - except for .........4 posts
- birth of my first born child - 4 post day (probably a 50 post day)
- out of town on week's vacation - 4 posts every day
- worked a 14 hour day, so tired, want to go to bed, but wait - 4 posts
- home pc is down due to email virus, stepping over to the neighbor's house for - 4 posts

Again I bow :bow: to the man!

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Yeah, but if you go back to the young years, say 6 or 7 years ago, 50% of his post was nothing but:

attachment.php

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
"The Man"

A tip of my hat to a true "Jeep Person". Very few have his dedication to this sickness. :bow:

Thanks for your devotion my friend.

:wave:

MarCor

Legacy Registered User
City
Edmond
State
OK
Hats off to his wife for the support, also !!!!!

Mine is looking over my shoulder so I need brownie points, but I agree with her. We couldn't have our "hobbies" without support.... or at least a bit of tolerance.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I feel the love.

And then I totally miss a thread specifically about me... :banghead:

If it wasn't me asking for all the pictures, it'd have to be more of you guys and why should I let y'all post your counts??? To be fair, there's at least half as many of the :needpic: posts where I'm trying to help someone actually manage to post a pic ;) I've also got folks trained so I don't even have to do it much anymore, everyone's always beating me there saying "you better post pics before bigwalton asks". So my work there is done :cheers:

If anyone hasn't noticed 1) I work from home, so the coffee breaks, hallway chats, lunches, etc. that other office workers have every day for me consist of jumping on here and 2) I don't sleep much and am getting pretty tired of TV (plus I've seen every rerun of anything I like about 10 times each by now) so I hang out on here when not in the garage. (I also type pretty damn fast by now)

I also have no problem sharing an opinion about anything and I like to let people know when I like what they have or did. I also ask questions like a man possessed, just because that's how I have learned everything I know about Jeeps and got the postal to where it is.

BTW, it's REAL easy to keep up with posts if you can manage to get on here once every day or so and immediately use either the "New Posts" link in the top menu bar to see everything since you were on last or "today's posts" under the "quick links" dropdown to see every post in the last 24 hours.

I NEVER just go through the forums to try to see what's new, 5 seconds and I know if there's anything worth commenting on (or asking to post pics about :) )

EDIT (so as not to pad my count with a reply): Also, if you click on a users name, then "user profile" and then go to their "Statistics" tab, it shows exactly how many posts per day. You were pretty much spot on: 3.85 :D

Last edited:

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
well, I work in management....................so I rounded up for my purposes.:smokin:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
I've got nothing to say... (+1)

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You guys are a hoot :rotfl:

I work in marketing, so I just want to get the message out there...

+1!!

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
I got your message and raise you a messege :crazy:

Truck

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
I'm Pathetic

476 posts over a period of 5 yrs and 8 months. That's an average post rate of .23 per day. Not even 2 per week - I'll never earn my stripes. :(