• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Central Colorado Scramble???

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Bob,

Friday the 11th will be the longest day with the most trails ran. We'll be riding all day long basically. I basing this in part on how many people have told me that they are coming V.S. the trails selected for that day.

If I remember correctly you had expressed interest in running Jenny Creek and it will be ran on Friday. The reason for this is because it totally should be a one way trail but its not. Therefore We'll be running it on Friday when the traffic on it will be nothing to low.

scramblinokie

High Tech Redneck
City
Tulsa
State
Ok
It looks like West Chicago Creek camp ground has a few spots
still open for the dates of this run. Dan, would you happen to know which spot would be best? Can i get the tow rig up there, or should I leave it at Clear Creek Supply and drive the "heep"
up 103?
I would like to hook up with dadscj8 and mulescj8 for the run
into Idaho Springs.
Anybody else camping? Where?

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Scramblinokie; that sounds good to me, there may be a few more of us too. I think i might just get a room if there are any available, but we can sure carvan out there together!

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
S-O

Actually you can get it in there. They allow up to a 30 RV so.......it should fit. Depends also on whether or not you want your rig close other wise I would take advantage of having a place to park the tow rig. Then its really easy to get around.

As for a particular spot in the camp ground? Well its a pretty typical camp ground, personally I'd try to get as close to the can as I can with out smelling it........lol.

Phil, if your gonna get a room I'd call it in now. If you get the Blair you will be where the most of every one else will be, probably a good thing.

Last edited:

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Thanks Dan, i'll do it in the morning! Any idea on how many guys we got coming?

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Okay, i finally made reservations at The Blair Motel. Angie, one of the owners, seemed really nice. I have directions too, if anyone else wants them.

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Hey Dan, hows the snow level looking up that way??I wonder if we will be cutting some of the first trails over the mountain that Friday. Might be some snow drifts still hanging along the East side as you come down the mountain to the James Peak Lake trail head. I have had a few close calls blasting through there and one of the only times I had to be winched out...... This is going to be FUN!

scramblinokie

High Tech Redneck
City
Tulsa
State
Ok
dadscj8 said:
Scramblinokie; that sounds good to me, there may be a few more of us too. I think i might just get a room if there are any available, but we can sure carvan out there together!

Sounds good to me too Phil...You and JC keep in touch and let me know when and where for the run into Idaho Springs.....
We have #11 spot at the West Chicago Creek campground
if anybody wants to sit by the fire...."the more the merrier" ;)

scrangler

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Topeka
State
KS
Hello, I'm Mike from kansas. Learned about this sight from Phil. I wheel a slightly modified cj8. I Would like to come to your event in July.
is there room for another rig? Are the trails freindly to full width axles? We spend alot of time in Colorado but have never wheeled this area. We will be back out there for all for fun in august. Thanks

Scrangler

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Mike,

I guess if you are friend of Phil's its ok.......lol.

Just taking a poke at Phil. We'd love to have you come along, the more the merrier. Its actually really looking fantastic could be around 25 real easy.

As for full width axels, you should be fine. The Scrambler that I posted that is in my club with us has fulls on his and it goes any where. For the most part the trails we will ride would give a "true" full width vehicle some custom Colorado pinstripe, but you should be fine.

Look forward to meeting you. I'm getting very pumped for this, we are simply going to have a blast.

scramblinokie

High Tech Redneck
City
Tulsa
State
Ok
Re: Mike,

1BADCJ8 said:

Look forward to meeting you. I'm getting very pumped for this, we are simply going to have a blast.

The same goes for me too Mike, and everybody else....

Hey Dan, did you ever think it would get this big?

scrangler

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Topeka
State
KS
Sounds great! Definantly not afraid of a little pinstriping. Really looking forward to it. Already have reservations at a hotel. Thanks for the welcome Mike

scrangler

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Topeka
State
KS
I like that "scrambler rookie" thing under my name. I am a rookie. Mike

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
scrangler said:
I like that "scrambler rookie" thing under my name. I am a rookie. Mike

I don't believe it, not for a minunte;) Glad to see ya aboard Mike! We're still working out some details but it's looking pretty good that we'll make it!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
ROOKIE THANG

I like that "scrambler rookie" thing under my name. I am a rookie. Mike -HeHe LOL-Rookie huh? any one with full width axles,owns a 4x4 shop and has managed to keep a Scrambler together for four years ain't no rookie,:D but looking forward to wheeling with all of ya'll next month,now if i can just get mine finished in time:rolleyes: Whatever that is then i'll be good to go,just got to finish cutting and installing 6 cage spreaders,the harnesses,the seats and paint the cage i'll be ready to go:D :D Nothing like waiting to the last minute to do everything:rolleyes: :rolleyes: -Why do i do this to myself:confused: Maybe something to do with living on the edge,getting that rush of trying to get everything done,working untill 2:00am so you can pull out at 6:00am and hoping you didn't forget anything-JC:eek:

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Hey Dan, did you ever think it would get this big?

Nope not really at all. It started with myself, JC and Morgan Mueller (registered here but doesn't visit the board hardly ever). Morgan (from AZ) and I have done the San Juan Scramble together for 2 years in a row and JC joined us last year.

Well this year we decided we wanted to do something different so I invited these guys out here. It went from there............invited this guy, that guy and the other guy and now its going to be big. There will be (as noted before) a few non-Scramblers there also but there normally are in Silverton as well. While I know the trails we will run it is a bit more difficult than Silverton and it will be really fun leading this run, I'm excited about it to say the least.

Wait till you guys see the Scrambler that joined us on our Spring Creek run today. Custom streched frame and runs 40X18 boggers. Sitting next to Matt's (the big red one I posted) it looks way bigger. I was parked next to him in the staging area and looked miniscule. JC is going to feel right at home with these guys.

Last edited: