• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Central Colorado Scramble???

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Tom,

Not really sure but its starting to seem like a bunch. I'd say realistically around 20 or so.

We'll see in a pretty short time..........

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
JUST ABOUT READY

All i can say is YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW this is going to be FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN:D :D

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
Well, unfortunately some family stuff came up and I'm not going to be able to make it.:( :( Everyone have fun and be safe, maybe next time.

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Hey Mule, I think I need to get my wife to take a closer look at your Scrambler. I was showing her some of your pictures and she asked me " Why can't we make ours look like that"? I about fainted since she dosen't like the old Scrambler.... Figure if i get her up close to one already built up who knows what could happen??

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
It's always a good thing when the wife takes an interest in your Scrambler, well usually, unless she takes notice of the money you're spending.

Rob, i'm bummed that you can't come. We'll talk later.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
LOOK LIKE MINE

Tom i'll tell her i don't know what it cost,won't be a lie because all i know it was tooooooooo much!;) -I'll try to help all i can.Rob man that sucks! i was hoping to get to ride with ya,well i guess we have next year,Phil why are you telling her what this stuff cost?It's a lot easier on you(us) if you just say "i don't know,i haven't really thought about it"-JC:D

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Kind of funny. Now she was telling me that there should be a calander of hot ladies in different Scramblers for each month. I was all ears and smiles to that.

I hope the family stuff isn't to deep Rob, I was looking forward to taking a look at your 8.

Happy 4th of July to all of you out there as well! I'll be up in Gold hill Colorado putting the kids on the old fire truck for the pancake breakfast and parade around town.

Hey Dan Hope all is coming together for you. If you need any local help over the next week feel free to ask.

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Hey Dan, I know we are going to be doing a long run up to Kingston Peak and Jenny Creek on Friday but what trails are you thinking about doing on Sat and Sun ???

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
It's not too deep, it comes down to 2 things, $$$, my wifes XJ died so we had to get her a new(well new to us:) ) vehicle. We got a great deal on a '00 WJ just off lease so that depleted most of what we had saved, and my youngest son is in summer school and it's pretty important to us that he doesn't miss any time, plus he's my wheelin' buddy and he would never forgive me for going without him. I'm already making plans for next year though! Post lots of pics, please!!

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Hey Dan, I said I'd be there or in Hatteras. I'm in Hatteras, maybe next year. Sorry, well not too much. The Scrambler's at home, I've got the Grands here, I wish I did have it to ride the beaches.

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
I almost feel as excited as when I go hunting for this up coming weekend. Now I need to go through my list of stuff that I pulled out of my old Scrambler thinking I was going to be able to paint the thing before this weekend? Well no paint job yet so I will be driving it old and ugly! Now what stuff did I take out that I will be sure to need on the road??

Do you guys use CB radios?? I was thinking I should put in the old radio again in case some of you do use them...

Or are you using VHF radios?? which I have also...

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
Not going to make it. Too many problems with the CJ8 and not enough time to get them squared away. Got the t/c back in but then the AW4 tranny has a bad solenoid and it has gone down hill from there.

Real disappointing. I was looking forward to this!

Later, Ken.

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Ken Sorry to hear you are having melt down on your 8. Hope you can get it all together soon and maybe we can setup another get together before the years over.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Dang Ken,

I'm disappointed as well. I was truly looking forward to visiting with you again. BUMMER.

The San Juan was (as I'm told by Matt in my club here) not a grand turn out. They only had 16 there. Which is a nice turn out but they usually have 10 more than that.

Man I hope you can amazingly pull something out and make it. I'd sure like to see you here.

S

Scrmbld4X4

Update

1BADCJ8 said:
Same place as been posted all along. Clear Creek supply 8:45am.

Oky Doky, We'll be there Friday am. dead tired and dog eyed but there. :D Talked the wifey into pulling out after she gets off work Thurs pm, don't figure to be there til 9:30 - 10 pm Thurs night. Not sure where we are camping yet, but we'll wing it. Shawn is heading up there Thurs afternoon to try and grab a couple place to hang our hats for the weekend, the campground you suggest is full other than the first come first serve sites. Maybe we get one, maybe we don't, we'll find something.

Looking forward to this trip, the Heeps been in the garage for quite awhile as I was doing honeydos. :rolleyes:

See you all on Friday am! :D

Bob

DaPozer

Basic User
City
littleton
State
co
Looking forward to it. Jepp is timed and ready to run (i hope). Bob you know what i mean. Looking forward to meeting and seeing you guys again. it been a while.

shawn:D

tom keyes

1981 CJ-8
City
Louisville
State
co
Dan, It is the day before the fun. Just wanted to thank you for setting this up ahead of time.

Now I just need to go through my check list and pack any extra items I might need and look under the hood. I know something has been blowing a little oil and I hope it is just a PVC valve?

Plus find my old CB and get it re-installed again.

What Channel will you guys be using?? Maybe chat a bit or give directions if anyone gets lost trying to find the Starting line?

See you all tomorow morning.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Tom,

Your welcome. I'm very excited my self. As for channel it will be 18 as the mid bands have the best reception. Man was it hard to get up and go to work this morning. JC and Morgan got here yesterday and I wanted to stay home bad..........lol.

As for getting lost...........lol........if some cant find Clear Creek Supply they didnt try, and for sure you cant miss the post office (which it sits right next to). As you know, Id. Spgs. is as big as a nat...............lmao.

bhronik

Basic User
City
Loveland
State
Co
Looks like I am going to make it! I don't know if I will run all the trails because my tires are not really adequate for real wheeling and the last few times I went the slow pace of the trail was getting the motor a little too warm in the up hill sections. I have put on a bigger fan since last time so maybe I will be fine. Anyway, mostly I am just looking forward to checking out all of your rigs!! See you all in the morning!!