• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 Hot Wheels and Matchbox

Not sure, they're not much bigger, but much more detailed with real rubber tires. I'd like to try to do one up to match Mater but I'm sure it will never happen...
 
Love the detail. I always liked the ones I had with rubber tires. Just seemed more "real".


Dain
 
My daughter picked up 10 of the red ones at WallyWorld yesterday. Brought her up right!
 

Question for everyone who buys bulk.
I'm a different type of collector because I tend to buy used Jeeps and like the ones that look a little played with. I also buy new ones if they are Scramblers. But why do you buy 6 or a dozen?
Are you buying them to trade for others you don't have?
or to keep until they are worth more?
hording?... :drool:.... Just wondering?? I'm always game to trade when I have more than one.....
 
Last edited:
Hording to a small scale I guess. I normally buy 6 or so: open one up to display at work, put one in my son's box (memory box my wife has for him for when he is older), and a couple extra in my hot wheels tote. For the most part it has scramblers in it, but there are a couple oscar mayer weinermobile new in the packages as well...

:D
 
I usually buy 10. I give one to my son to open, 2 for me and the rest go in the Jeep. When I go to shows and a kid wants to get in the Jeep, I give him or her a hot wheels Scrambler. They will love the Scrambler for life.

Karl
 
I usually buy 10. I give one to my son to open, 2 for me and the rest go in the Jeep. When I go to shows and a kid wants to get in the Jeep, I give him or her a hot wheels Scrambler. They will love the Scrambler for life.

Karl

This is genius! I am so justifying my purchase with this right here! One day kids (other than my son) will want to sit in my Scrambler...I better prepare!
 
I always have kids want to get in. So my son usually gets in with them and they love it. The Hot Wheels takes the cake though. They will never forget the Scrambler after they get the Hot Wheels.
Karl
 
Again, not Scrambler but sharing anyway. I work at an ad agency with creative types so we have these creative sessions every so often for team building and crap.

Today we built terrariums and I knew beforehand what I was going to build ;) I didn't have any open Scramblers on my desk, so I grabbed one of the Wagoneers. I think the less glitzy paint works better anyway.

Live moss and plant. Got creative with the orientation of the vase :bacon:

8erazede-1.jpg


jy6avyju-1.jpg


e6ugeqa9-1.jpg
 
That is awesome Eric. Very creative! My wife is assembling things for a terrarium in our kitchen. Maybe I will slip a Hot Wheels Jeep in there and see if she notices.
 
That is awesome Eric. Very creative! My wife is assembling things for a terrarium in our kitchen. Maybe I will slip a Hot Wheels Jeep in there and see if she notices.

I'm thinking one with each of the different Hotwheels Scramblers would be awesome in some big aquarium size thing. :headbang:
 
I usually buy 10. I give one to my son to open, 2 for me and the rest go in the Jeep. When I go to shows and a kid wants to get in the Jeep, I give him or her a hot wheels Scrambler. They will love the Scrambler for life.

Karl

Awesome plan... I like It!
 
Well I just picked these up at Tractor Supply but they weren't on clearance here.
e4ehuse6.jpg
 
Last edited:
I didn't realize that the hood openned until you said something. The hilarious part is that it opens very little. Just like the real thing. If I had a nickle for everytime I smacked my head on the hood release....
 
Back
Top